Wireless discussion...go!

• Okay, so 8.5 beta is here, and it enables wireless functionality on the stage (at least). Impressions so far:

- First attempt at OS upgrade bricked the kemper and sent it into "burn and boot" mode. Which then failed repeatedly with either new or old firmwares. Got there in the end - it turns out my stage is very picky about what USB adaptors it will boot from (as opposed to backup/restore to)

- Can't get WPS soft button to do anything in network setup - is this maybe not implemented yet?

- Access Point mode works nicely and using iPad camera to scan QR code joined me to the network

- First couple of attempts with the app couldn't find the stage. Had to leave and rejoin the stage network for it to pick it up

- Connect / reconnect behaviour is a little flaky

For a 1.0 release, I'm pretty impressed, but I'll need to have more of a play with the interface over an evening or two...

• Update and wireless feature worked immediately, cool. Everything seems smooth so far. More playing with it will show but so far I am happy and I cannot believe that this gem arrived out of nothing.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• you have to activate in the system menu, first.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Update and wireless feature worked immediately, cool. Everything seems smooth so far. More playing with it will show but so far I am happy and I cannot believe that this gem arrived out of nothing.

Did you get the WPS connection to work? It doesn't even give any indication that the button has been pressed for me...

• So I installed 8.5 to my Kemper head with Stick in the lunch break, worked without any issue. Will check it this evening, the App is already installed on my IPad Mini!

You need to connect the KPA to a router with wifi via ethernet cable. The network doesn't have to be connected to the internet.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche