Okay, so 8.5 beta is here, and it enables wireless functionality on the stage (at least). Impressions so far:
- First attempt at OS upgrade bricked the kemper and sent it into "burn and boot" mode. Which then failed repeatedly with either new or old firmwares. Got there in the end - it turns out my stage is very picky about what USB adaptors it will boot from (as opposed to backup/restore to)
- Can't get WPS soft button to do anything in network setup - is this maybe not implemented yet?
- Access Point mode works nicely and using iPad camera to scan QR code joined me to the network
- First couple of attempts with the app couldn't find the stage. Had to leave and rejoin the stage network for it to pick it up
- Connect / reconnect behaviour is a little flaky
For a 1.0 release, I'm pretty impressed, but I'll need to have more of a play with the interface over an evening or two...