What is needed to add wireless to legacy Toasters/Racks for wireless app

• Sounds like a lot of wiring to make the setup wireless.

:D

Yep it’s cumbersome, but considering it’s 10 year old tech for legacy devices and it probably wasn’t on the radar when developed its quite an achievement, works flawlessly, and has brought new life for deeper editing for me at least.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• greets & rock on,

Andreas

• Hi Allenhuish,

i still do not understand from where the AP will get the editor datas in a live situation.

There has to be an internet router on stage ?

please help,- thanx...

greets & rock on,

Andreas

• Hi Allenhuish,

i still do not understand from where the AP will get the editor datas in a live situation.

please help,- thanx...

You create your own network to use, that is why you need a wifi router. So yes if you plan on editing on stage then you will need to setup a router and have a PoE if you use the Remote

Even at home I have my Kemper on it’s own router and separate from home wifi. My router stays with my Kemper in the rack.

Keep in mind that the editor only edits rigs locally, with rigs you have loaded into your Kemper and any edits will still need to be uploaded/updated in Rig Manager when you connect via USB to computer with Rig Manager. Any new rigs you want will need to be downloaded onto the Kemper before you can edit via iPad

• Hi Allenhuish,

please help,- thanx...

Yes, good point. If you are going to be in a situation where there is no wifi at all you need something that can function as an access point. I seem to remember that Vonets one does do it, but now that I look it up it doesn't say it in the manual.

• Here is what worked for me, not the neatest but I don’t need it to be. My Kemper is stationary on a Kart and this equipment is hid under the bottom shelf. I have my iPad editor connected wirelessly and my remote is functional.

-2018 green toaster non-power amp

-2018 Kemper Remote

-TP-POE 150S (POE Injector)

-D-Link DAP-1610 Range Extender

-TP-Link Non-POE Switch (any switch should work)

1. Range Extender (connect the range extender wirelessly to same network as the iPad) —>Ethernet Cable from Range extender to WAN Port on switch.

2. Ethernet Cable from any Lan port on the switch to the Kemper Ethernet port.

3. Ethernet cable from any Lan port on the switch to the Poe Injector data in port —> Ethernet cable from Poe power/data out port to Kemper remote Ethernet port.

Hope it helps someone.

Edited 2 times, last by Yzman82 ().

• Hi All,

Just want to throw in (it may have already been mentioned) that the TP-Link TL-WR802N nano router can be powered from Kemper USB exclusively and successfully. I have this up and running 100% in conjunction with TP-Link TL-SF1005LP PoE switch. Router can run in AP mode (just access from iPad to use Kemper) OR as Range Extender to control Kemper via your local network with any connected iPad. It uses around 0.85W max.

https://www.centrecom.com.au/t…ps-wireless-n-nano-router

https://www.centrecom.com.au/t…op-switch-with-4-port-poe

• Hi All,

Just want to throw in (it may have already been mentioned) that the TP-Link TL-WR802N nano router can be powered from Kemper USB exclusively and successfully. I have this up and running 100% in conjunction with TP-Link TL-SF1005LP PoE switch. Router can run in AP mode (just access from iPad to use Kemper) OR as Range Extender to control Kemper via your local network with any connected iPad. It uses around 0.85W max.

https://www.centrecom.com.au/t…ps-wireless-n-nano-router

https://www.centrecom.com.au/t…op-switch-with-4-port-poe

Really? I wasn't successfull when i tried it. What cable did you use or how long was it? Maybe my cable was too long...

• I coukd be totally wrong, but I think the issue would be drivers for the dongle. If I'm right I doubt kemper have any means to put the right driver on the kemper so it wouldn't know what to do with the device.

Then there are different drivers for different dongles etc.

Best would be if Kemper could sell such USB dongle. Basic ones for PCs on the big A-Vendor-Website are sooo cheap. So why not sell it to legacy users. As it is only mentioned to work with the Rig Manager should not be a big deal for their IT experts. Would be a great feature…

• Although I found this useful, and its got me thinking of alternative ways of adding Wifi to my rack. The thing that really caught my attention is how your head was in another room and the Kabinet in front of you... how are you doing that? Hopefully not just one long cable 😊

• Best would be if Kemper could sell such USB dongle. Basic ones for PCs on the big A-Vendor-Website are sooo cheap. So why not sell it to legacy users. As it is only mentioned to work with the Rig Manager should not be a big deal for their IT experts. Would be a great feature…

Kemper Konnector

• Although I found this useful, and its got me thinking of alternative ways of adding Wifi to my rack. The thing that really caught my attention is how your head was in another room and the Kabinet in front of you... how are you doing that? Hopefully not just one long cable 😊

Yes, one long cable