What is needed to add wireless to legacy Toasters/Racks for wireless app

• Nice work Allen, that's really awesome stuff and very helpful. Is the wireless access point mandatory or could you just hook the switch up to the home network and therefore existing wifi with an ethernet cable?

• Nice work Allen, that's really awesome stuff and very helpful. Is the wireless access point mandatory or could you just hook the switch up to the home network and therefore existing wifi with an ethernet cable?

I am a little out of date thinking about this, but I think the answer is yes if I remember correctly.

• Hi Allen!

Had a quick question, I know it doesn't involve wireless, just wondering what your thoughts are on a hardwired USB to Cat5 connectivity between the new Player and the Remote? I am so used to the Remote, was wondering if that would even be possible.

Thanks!

• My solution at home is the follwing:

I have a Poe Switch (TP-Link TL-SG1008P 8 Port PoE Switch) connected to my Fr!tzBox Router by Ethernet cable.

I use this to connect also other computers to my network. The Kemper ( toaster) and the remote are connected to this switch with CAT 6 cables.

The remote is connected of course to one of the PoE sockets of the switch.

Without any changes on my router configuration, the Kemper sees the remote ( they are in the same network ) and the Ipad and/or Android( tablet/phone) Rig Manager apps connect to my Kemper with no problems.

Gig/rehearsal - no Wifi solution - I have used the proposed solution from the video linked above.

The devices reccomended in the video (TP-Link TL-SG 0005P and Vonets VAP11G-300) go all at the bottom of my pedalboard where the Kemper remote and other pedals are mounted.

Because no Wifi available, the Switch will work as dhcp router and give addresses in the range 169.254.nnn.nnn to it's LAN. At least this is what I have seen it happens on my network when I disconnect the main router.

The Vonets will bring up a Wireless network working as a bridge and the IPad/Android device(s) will join the same network. ( 169.254.nnn.nnn)

Rig Manager detects my Kemper.

When I turn back home all I have to do is connect the switch on the pedalboard with my home network switch using a CAT 6 cable and then the Ipad and Kemper will all be in my home network and can also access Ethernet on the Ipad. The only disadvantage is I will have to power on the 5 port PoE Switch and the Vonets on the pedalboard even when I am at home.

Otherwise at home I need to connect the kemper and remote to my home network switch and do not use the 5 port switch and the Vonets on the pedalboard.

• After several tests using the hardware mentioned above, I noticed the following:

1. Gig situation -

1.1 At home when I simulate the gig situatiuon and connect the Ipad to the Kemper (toaster) and to the remote pedal using the VONETS Wifi ( Vonets Wifi Bridge and TP-Link PoE switch ), it works at the beginning, but my Ipad tries always to connect to the other wifi in my network where Internet is available. I think this causes some glitches and therefoe the Rig Manager app looses very frequently the connection to the Profiler. Same issue on Android ( tablet or phone )

1.2 I also noticed that the remote, from time to time switches off, and reconnects after 1-20 seconds to the profiler. This makes the usage of an Ipad(Android tablet) not very reliable. Specially when I try to switch to another performance on the tablet, the connection gets lost.

2. Home - kemper and Remote cvonnected to the same PoE switch in order to use the Ipad.

When connected to the Home Network, Remote and Kemper attached to a switch connected to my home router and the Ipad connects to the same Router via Wifi , the Ipad Rig Manager app is stable, but as noticed on Point 2 the remote switches itself off ( screen bekomes gray ) from time to time and reconnects than again.

3. When Remote is connected directly to the Kemper everthing works fine.

Maybe I should test the "Gig situation no Wifi" in my garage where no other known Wi-Fi connectzions with Internet are available, or switch the main router off.

IMHO the problems above together with the fact that switching to another performance or rig is very annoying on the Ipad, because a Listbox is not available makes this solution quite unreliable.

Anyhow the fact that the Kemper, on the older models, still makes this possiblr is something to be appreciated.

Edited once, last by cantemir ().

• Mine was just rebooting all the time and never stayed online... (unpowered Rack). Maybe i will give it a try next time the Editor will be updated. But thank you anyway!

Got the same problem, and posted it on another thread.

• Hi wrbi,

I have the same problem with the VONETS router, the connection broke very often on my Ipad or android tablet.

You mentioned that you have changed the DHCP lease renewal to one minute, and changed to Static IP. Is this a setting of the TP-Link TL-WR802N Router, does it have a Web Interface for configuring it?

Thank you!

• Thank you.

This solution took only minutes to set up and test, it works with the remote too.

The only issue I have is that the app sometimes disconnects frequently but I’m fairly sure there is a thread or comment within this thread with a suggestion to resolve this.

• Unfortunately, my setup became plagued with random disconnects and I had to drop back to a lightning/ethernet adapter on the iPad and cabled connection. Recently I picked up a Stage and have had no disconnect issues.