WPS not working in 8.5 beta

• I've installed the 8.5 beta release on my Stage and can get it connected to my iPad, when running in 'access point' mode. However, when in 'home network' mode, the display says to use WPS and press the soft button when activated on my router (a DECO mesh in my case. WPS tried and tested with other appliances), but the WPS soft button appears 'half' lit and pressing it seems to have no effect whatsoever. I've tried multiple resets / reboots and have the stage sat right next to the access point it's trying to connect to, but no joy.

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Usually the router will indicate (blink etc.) when WPS is enabled. When this is indicated, press the WPS Softbutton once on the WiFi page on the Profiler. Usually, you have 2 minutes for this until the router is stopping WPS again.

Make sure, that the Stage is near enough, so it can find the network.

• Yep, WPS on the router is fine (it can be activated either from the deco unit itself or the controller app). It's the stage that gives no indication that anything is going on - I'd expect even some feedback to indicate that the soft button has been pressed, but zilch.

• My Stage is about 6m away from my Wifi Router, no walls in between. I have no issues with any other Wifi devices at this distance (or even more).

can you please put it next to the router and try again, just to rule this one out? thanks.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Sorry, I won't remove all the wiring from my Stage for that.

If it doesn't work at 6m free view like all my other Wifi gear, then there's no point for it anyway.

And just for the record: The fact that the WPS button on the Stage is only half lit and that there's zero visual feedback when I press it might indicate something as well, no?

• can you please put it next to the router and try again, just to rule this one out? thanks.

Tried quite literally 30cm away from the router, with no difference. Can you tell me how I should be expecting the Stage to behave in this instance? The odd 'half-lit' status of the WPS soft button suggests an issue (it's completely off when in 'home network' mode), but I don't know whether I should expect a change in the display to show that the soft button press has been registered and the stage is attempting a WPS connection. Without resorting to a WiFi sniffer, there's not much else I think I can do...

• Tried quite literally 30cm away from the router, with no difference. Can you tell me how I should be expecting the Stage to behave in this instance? The odd 'half-lit' status of the WPS soft button suggests an issue (it's completely off when in 'home network' mode), but I don't know whether I should expect a change in the display to show that the soft button press has been registered and the stage is attempting a WPS connection. Without resorting to a WiFi sniffer, there's not much else I think I can do...

I'm getting the same exact results.

• Same issue here. Home network mode doesn‘t work. WPS-Button on router/repeater (same room as profiler stage) active but WPS button on stage is not usable, only half lit.

Access point mode works but for my studio work no alternative.

• My Home Wi-Fi is as above. Half-lit WPS button and no response after multiple tries. WPS times out on my modem with "Connection Failed" response.

• Slightly off topic, I guess (ie not Stage). My home WiFi router is at the other end of the house so I hooked up my rack via Ethernet to an old apple airport express and joined it’s WiFi network to my iPad and … it’s works very well. RM on my mac (via usb) also follows the control movements so, something is getting through! The iPad UI looks good - looking forward to some more testing.

• same issue. WPS button on Stage is half-lit and pressing it does nothing, no feedback.

Does not connect to WPS. I'm using a Nighthawk R7000 which is buried in a cupboard, so rather than press physical button i can use the admin web page of the router to press the software soft button. The R7000 is not detecting any WPS connection after I press the button on Stage. (and then times out). So no, it appears, like others, that the Stage is not even trying.

• yes, there is an issue with that WPS function in the public beta version we released, sorry! And none of our testers noticed it, because it had worked before and the netork was already acquainted. It's currently being worked on. Watch out for another public beta version. Sorry again!

• For those who want not wait for the new beta version: go to Wi-Fi menue in system. Scroll with "type" knobe (Stage). Then you'll see a dialogue in which you can enter your SSID and your password (up to 4 SSIDs are possible). Then go back. You will see the SSID of your Wi-FI below the Wi-Fi setting.

Then turn off/on Wi-FI. Stage will connect to your Wi-Fi. You see "connected to" above your SSID.

Burkhard: the password is shown unencrypted in the password field. Not very nice. Pls correct e.g. with stars. Thanks.