Will the wireless Rig Manager app be available for Android?

• Yeah, same. Market shares are about the same for IOS and Android in the tablet market so this great new feature can only be used by half of the Kemper users.

But no complains, we got so many stuff for free in the past from Kemper and i'm thankful for that.

I use a Surface Win 10 tablet, so maybe I can figure something out with that.:)

• I tried to put the app on my iPad and found that mine is not supported. This is the second thing I have found in the past two weeks that will not run on my iPad due to the version I have. I really don't use it enough to invest in buying a new one so I will just continue using my laptop with the USB cable with mine. It works so no big deal for me. I found a way around the other thing I had an issue with as well. I guess I have saved some money for now.

• Yeah, same. Market shares are about the same for IOS and Android in the tablet market so this great new feature can only be used by half of the Kemper users.

But no complains, we got so many stuff for free in the past from Kemper and i'm thankful for that.

It's not really a fair comparison to say market share is the same.

OS fragmentation with Android is one problem. At any given moment, there are 4 or 5 different versions of Android. Big percentages of each By comparison, just 2 iOS versions cover 90+% of all installations. Additionally, Android tablets have varying screen sizes, resolutions and aspect ratios. Many not proportional to each other. What works for one may not work for another without individual tweaking.

With iOS....you have a far more limited number of variables to worry about.

It's not that one is 'better' than the other. Use what you like. Android may have a similar number of users....but their hardware and software versions are all over the place.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I think the screen resolution problem applies to iPads as well, there are almost no models with the same resolution, see this chart here:

https://socialcompare.com/en/c…red-ipad-air-vs-ipad-mini

And with Android, of cause no one would support all old versions, Just develop for the current version. And if poeple have older versions that can not be upgraded they still can get a decent new Android tablet for the fraction of the price of an iPad.

• I think the screen resolution problem applies to iPads as well, there are almost no models with the same resolution, see this chart here:

https://socialcompare.com/en/c…red-ipad-air-vs-ipad-mini

And with Android, of cause no one would support all old versions, Just develop for the current version. And if poeple have older versions that can not be upgraded they still can get a decent new Android tablet for the fraction of the price of an iPad.

No one is going to buy a new tablet just to upgrade. Besides, outdated versions could actually be loaded on brand-new tablets.

• No one is going to buy a new tablet just to upgrade. Besides, outdated versions could actually be loaded on brand-new tablets.

No offense, but I have no clue what you are trying to tell me here or how this relates to what I wrote. Maybe my english is not good enough :/

• No offense, but I have no clue what you are trying to tell me here or how this relates to what I wrote. Maybe my english is not good enough :/

"And if poeple have older versions that can not be upgraded they still can get a decent new Android tablet for the fraction of the price of an iPad."

• Well... I have a cheap Windows tablet and Rig Manager works fine, there. You need an USB cable, but you can access to Rig Exchange. Portable Rig Exchange was the main attraction, for me, but it looks like your cannot access it from the iPad.

Anyway, not needing a cable is great. Unfortunately, my old iPad (inherited from my brother) doesn't go further than OS 10.

Some day... :)

• Well, it would be a-nice-to-have if they did an Android version. I really don't need it, because I am always using RigManager on desktop PC, and editing rigs is done in my home, not on stage. For me, I would more more appreciate if Kemper would make a Linux version of RigManager.

I never bought an Apple device, and I won't do this in the future .:!::)

• OS fragmentation isn't much of an issue. You can develop an Android app with a reasonable minimum API version, and it can be used by all the newer versions. Furthermore, the variances in screen resolution and pixel density can be handled dynamically for most cases.