Will the wireless Rig Manager app be available for Android?

• What went so wrong? Windows upgrades are usually successful or will at least let you roll back to the original OS, but not always.

Many driver issues. Everything was going well until it rebooted and couldn't find the boot drive I would have to change it in the bios every time I had to reboot. I have it back in windows 8.1 and now I have all kind of problems with drivers and error messages. Lesson learn't. The best thing was when I plugged into my old tube amp and played for hours, no windows problems no driver problems just play.

• You don't need to support multiple code bases if you write code in a cross platform environment like Flutter or ,net Maui.

My guess is that Kemper rig manager is native and will never support Android as written today.

Foolish IMO, but understandable for a hardware company.

I am sure someone internally convinced them that native was the only answer.

FYI, Supporting the few android tablets out there is not that big a deal. A well written Flutter app will run on windows, android and iOS no problem. This is also true for embarcadero, QT, and Maui.

• Interesting.... I have been out of the dev game for 5 plus years now (a lifetime in that arena). Flutter does look pretty interesting though.

• Interesting.... I have been out of the dev game for 5 plus years now (a lifetime in that arena). Flutter does look pretty interesting though.

I have been in the game since the early 80's ..... but new stuff seems to be the rave about every 5 years. Flutter is currently taking over from react native which was a browser based javascript language (which I have never liked for architectural reasons).

There has been a huge push for cross platform development platforms for the last 10 years ..... it seems like it is just recently (last 3 to 5 years) finally getting honed in pretty well.

• I actually had an engineer use a ChatGPT session in an argument with me last week. It didn't go well for him.

From my personal engineering experience, the current state of AI is a long long way from a good experienced engineer.

I suspect it to be very over hyped as of today. I also expect it to be some time before any other engineer in my company uses a ChatGPT log as expert testimony in an engineering discussion.

But to the original question, no. ChatGPT can't rewrite a complex tablet app written in native iOS environment into native Android.

When people say it can write code, they mean pretty trivial code.

• Well... I have a cheap Windows tablet and Rig Manager works fine, there. You need an USB cable, but you can access to Rig Exchange. Portable Rig Exchange was the main attraction, for me, but it looks like your cannot access it from the iPad.

Anyway, not needing a cable is great. Unfortunately, my old iPad (inherited from my brother) doesn't go further than OS 10.

Some day... :)

Hi, if you have Windows running and if your tablet has WiFi, just enter the SSID from your Kemper's Network info and enter the Key next to it. It should work, I tried it with my laptop successfully. No need for "QR Code Scanning".
    Cheers
    helmutguitar

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

its on the way ....thankfully

THANKS KEMPER TEAM !!!! Will be greatly appreciated

• Still waiting. I doubt this ever will happen :(

What I rather believe is that there will soon be a new Kemper Stage, because the price of the old one has just dropped significantly.

CK announced it, it will come after USB audio (done) and Liquid profiling.... ;)

I don't know the reason for the price drop, cause all the competitors didn't do so...

Usually, the price falls when a new device is launched. Nothing about that yet....

Is that due to ToneX or Neural Amp Modeler ? Idon't think so...

But i salute this present !!! ;)

Profilers still stay expensive.....

• Still waiting. I doubt this ever will happen :(

What I rather believe is that there will soon be a new Kemper Stage, because the price of the old one has just dropped significantly.

Your doubting doesn't match history. If Kemper say they're going to do something it gets done in my experience. I get the anticipation, but it's not stopping anyone from making great music with the Kemper. 🙂