Tips for ipad requirement for wireless app

• If I would consider to buy an ipad only for this purpose, what would be the minimum requirement (my destination would be to minimize the costs, but also be future proof in updates for the next years)?

I have no knowledge for apple, since I was always on windows since win 95.

I am not sure if I will do it, but I´m happy for any considerations and suggestions...

• My recommendation is to buy a new one. Get the most current model. I typically don't buy the minimum amount of resources in anything like this. You will get a longer life out of it if you go a bit higher on specs. They have a few different models for different budgets. I have had mine for 9 years and am just now starting to have issues with things not being compatible with it. I think that is because there was a major shift in the OS for the iPads a couple of generations ago.

• I can only offer my personal experience with my iPad. I got it about a year ago (so I think it’s just one model old) and it’s the cheap version out there. $300, I think

App works flawlessly. Quick and responsive. Definitely not an app that you need a Pro to run well

• I did a little price checking yesterday. You can buy the latest version of the iPad with 128GB of space for $395.00 from Wal-Mart online. At least I know which one I will buy when I feel the need. I will wait until I feel that I really need it so if they release a new version between now and then I will get the latest version still.

• I’m a devoted iPad Pro user and since IPad OS have no need for computer, but having said that if your just using it for Rig Manger then go for cheapest refurbished last generation, if you get hooked on the thing then consider upgrading a year or two down the track and flip the other, minimal wallet damage.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Hey, thanks for your advices and ideas, yes I like the idea of getting a refurbished pad since I will have a waiting and saving money time even for those...(also time to mull over;_))

I love the idea of having RM potable, when I am "on the road" (in my bro´s rehearsal room) and it would totaly fit to my workflow, having a little extra (touch)screen RigManager at home, but on the other hand it would be much to eye-catching to hide it from my wife. Another argument for the refurbished idea (it wasn´t that expensive, darling;-))

• The iPad isn't doing any processing, it's just a controller so you don't need the latest and greatest. Apple's dirty secret is they slow down the processor when the battery wears out so that's why people think older iPads are slow and less responsive. Buy an older one, have the battery replaced and you just saved $200. The Kemper app requires IOS version 13 or later which means it's compatible with any ipad as far back as 2014

• The iPad isn't doing any processing, it's just a controller so you don't need the latest and greatest. Apple's dirty secret is they slow down the processor when the battery wears out so that's why people think older iPads are slow and less responsive. Buy an older one, have the battery replaced and you just saved $200. The Kemper app requires IOS version 13 or later which means it's compatible with any ipad as far back as 2014

Power management isn't a 'new' thing in devices like this. If one thinks Apple is unique in doing these things, you're nuts.

Hard to be a dirty little secret when they admitted it - never apologized - and paid $613 million to settle at least two lawsuits - and still do it. They added a switch in iOS to allow you to disable it. This all happened four years ago, in 2017. Very old news.

Their true crime here wasn't implementing it (because it's still very much there). The 'crime' was not shouting it from the mountaintop before an attorney saw a payday ahead.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• Yep, throttling the max processor speed when the battery is age-degraded to stop unplanned reboots is actually a good thing, but apparently people still want to make money just because they're upset that the laws of physics actually apply to them... ;)

• Hey, thanks for your advices and ideas, yes I like the idea of getting a refurbished pad since I will have a waiting and saving money time even for those...(also time to mull over;_))

I love the idea of having RM potable, when I am "on the road" (in my bro´s rehearsal room) and it would totaly fit to my workflow, having a little extra (touch)screen RigManager at home, but on the other hand it would be much to eye-catching to hide it from my wife. Another argument for the refurbished idea (it wasn´t that expensive, darling;-))

Keep in mind that that this is an editor, not rig manager. I don't believe (someone can correct me) that you can store all the rigs and performances and presets you don't want on your kemper in this app. And never a bad idea to check with the wife before a big purchase. Marriage problems ain't cheap either and are vastly more inconvenient than any convenience an editor would bring!

• Keep in mind that that this is an editor, not rig manager. I don't believe (someone can correct me) that you can store all the rigs and performances and presets you don't want on your kemper in this app. And never a bad idea to check with the wife before a big purchase. Marriage problems ain't cheap either and are vastly more inconvenient than any convenience an editor would bring!

you can’t store any rigs or effects in the app right now. There is some built in stuff, but it’s very limited right now. It’s still version 1.0 so I’m sure there is more to come.