Live gig with the Kemper

• Every sound man I've worked with always mentions that the signal is very hot. I've got the main output down to - 30dbs. And sometimes they're not easy to deal with when you're trying to tell them to keep my signal direct without any preamps or other.

I run mine at -28. I thought it was just me.

• To reiterate what other people have said, you want to test your rigs at gig volume, rather than just headphones. Even if it's not through the exact system you will be using, if it isn't loud it isn't going to remotely sound the same. You also probably need less effects (especially reverb) than you have set going into your headphones. I like a little extra reverb in the headphones, to fill out the sound. That will make things muddy, live.

Also, don't forget you can go into the output and adjust global parameters very quickly to fit the room. I usually have to make a few tweaks in there at sound check. And the Monitor and Main in the output have separate sets of global parameters.

• To reiterate what other people have said, you want to test your rigs at gig volume, rather than just headphones. Even if it's not through the exact system you will be using, if it isn't loud it isn't going to remotely sound the same. You also probably need less effects (especially reverb) than you have set going into your headphones. I like a little extra reverb in the headphones, to fill out the sound. That will make things muddy, live.

Also, don't forget you can go into the output and adjust global parameters very quickly to fit the room. I usually have to make a few tweaks in there at sound check. And the Monitor and Main in the output have separate sets of global parameters.

True. I found the global output settings to be the best way to adjust to various systems. It allows me to set my rig up and then it's a simple tweak during rehearsal or sound check.

Kemper Stage Profiler - Kemper Powered Kabinet - Mission Expression Pedal - PRS CU22 - Strats out the wazoo 8)

• You also probably need less effects (especially reverb) than you have set going into your headphones. I like a little extra reverb in the headphones, to fill out the sound. That will make things muddy, live.

Ain't that the truth ?the correct setting for reverb on a live rig is OFF ?

OO that might be just a touch Draconian but less is more live.