is there any point updating to 8.5 with legacy device?

• The fact 8.5 is a beta release is one reason not to update. Once it's in full-release, there will come a point where you'll want to add features (or fixes) unavailable any other way.

There are often small changes/fixes/adjustments made in new releases that may not be documented, or lumped under the phrase 'general stability & usability improvements'.

If you aren't going to use the WiFi features, then no. I see no compelling reason to update beyond staying on the most recent release.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The addendum what’s new only talks about iOS Rig Manager, so if this does not interest you then no I can’t personally see a reason.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Is there any plan - in the forseeable future - to support wifi connection to the KPA from Mac/PC computers? If it works on the iPad, seems like this is quite feasible. Things like the QR code based connection might need workarounds but computers with pointing devices and keyboards can easily work with connection settings..

• I am not interested in WiFi connections, so now I won't upload a Beta. The interesting things for me will be:

- if 8.5 leaves beta status, will it have fixes for existing bugs that are not WiFi-/iPod related?

- will their be other new features or improvements unrelated to WiFi-/iPod ?

- and: will WiFi-/iPod changes introduce new bugs?

• I am not interested in WiFi connections, so now I won't upload a Beta. The interesting things for me will be:

- if 8.5 leaves beta status, will it have fixes for existing bugs that are not WiFi-/iPod related?

- will their be other new features or improvements unrelated to WiFi-/iPod ?

- and: will WiFi-/iPod changes introduce new bugs?

If there are other bug fixes, they'll probably be listed or just cited as general fixes. Either way, once a new OS go to release, they're pretty stable. On occasion, there have been a couple instances in which the big release of a beta ends up having a soon after follow-up release with a few more minor bug fixes. In these instances, the fixes are for very minor and somewhat rare things, not the sort of things that should make one afraid of updating. Now with that said, if you're in the middle of a project or whatever and won't be using the new features, what's the rush? May as well wait until it's convenient to do so.

• Is there any plan - in the forseeable future - to support wifi connection to the KPA from Mac/PC computers? If it works on the iPad, seems like this is quite feasible. Things like the QR code based connection might need workarounds but computers with pointing devices and keyboards can easily work with connection settings..

I was thinking about that this morning. It would be great. I'm not an expert at all, so I don't know if it's possible. But getting rid of cables is generally a good thing.

Curious. it might not be worth the trouble. If I understand the IOS editor, it's different than Rig Manager in that it doesn't move rigs between the app and KPA, it just is essentially a remote controller. Now the rig files are small enough to be negligable over wifi, but it is an entirely different thing for the kemper to receive and send rigs to an from the Rig Manager over wifi, rather than just giving some external device the ability to adjust its internal controls over wifi.