EQ in amp block will be great :-)

• Hi there,

I would really love to have the studio EQ built in the block amp!

It will free one precious effect slot.

And everyone is using it to sculpt the guitar sound so it will be logic to have it in a amp block as an option.

The other possibility to free one slot is being able to stack or chain delay and reverb as one slot preset. But I think it’s way more complicated than just putting the eq in amp block.

What do you think ?

• +1

I was thinking about this the other day. I get that the traditional "Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence" is how traditional amps work, but honestly, it would be amazing for them to just put all the EQs into that section. Why limit the EQ block just because that's the way tube amps look?

Maybe give us the choice of what EQ we want to use in the amp block. If someone want the traditional 4-knob EQ, then they can select that. If someone wants a more robust EQ, then they can select that. No sense in filling up an extra slot with an EQ, especially if I'm not even using the EQ in the amp block.

• And everyone is using it to sculpt the guitar sound so it will be logic to have it in a amp block as an option.

I almost never use an EQ in any rig so not quite “everyone” is using it ?

I actually like the simplicity of the 4 knob EQ but I get it that some want more.

Some people in the past have asked for different modelled amp tone stacks to use with corresponding amps (ie a Fender EQ, a Marshal EQ etc).

Logically, offering a choice of which EQ a user want to select in the amp block would be the best way to keep us all happy. I would probably leave it at the current Kemper Amp EQ but others would still have the ability to select a Fender EQ or a Studio EQ as desired.

• Currently I experience a difference in imprints and FRFR-Signal. Especially I think the loudness and gain seems to be on a different level. At least this is what I experienced with my all time favorite Performance. So one EQ for imprint and one for FRFR or an automatism to balance loudness and gain issues that come with the use of imprints and FRFR.

Anyone else experiencing such behavior?

• I think selectable types of eq in every place that has an eq would be great. I think eq for imprints would be great as well as headphones and direct out. Auxiliary in eq would be nice also. Let's just add them everywhere with all types available in short. Lol

+6

• +1

I was thinking about this the other day. I get that the traditional "Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence" is how traditional amps work, but honestly, it would be amazing for them to just put all the EQs into that section. Why limit the EQ block just because that's the way tube amps look?

Maybe give us the choice of what EQ we want to use in the amp block. If someone want the traditional 4-knob EQ, then they can select that. If someone wants a more robust EQ, then they can select that. No sense in filling up an extra slot with an EQ, especially if I'm not even using the EQ in the amp block.

and as the eq in the amp block is not acting as an amp eq at all it’s more logical to have a real eq in there instead of traditional eq that you even don’t really know which frequencies are tweaked :)

• I almost never use an EQ in any rig so not quite “everyone” is using it ?

I actually like the simplicity of the 4 knob EQ but I get it that some want more.

Some people in the past have asked for different modelled amp tone stacks to use with corresponding amps (ie a Fender EQ, a Marshal EQ etc).

Logically, offering a choice of which EQ a user want to select in the amp block would be the best way to keep us all happy. I would probably leave it at the current Kemper Amp EQ but others would still have the ability to select a Fender EQ or a Studio EQ as desired.

I think it’s possible to only use the 4 band eq only if you profile your own amps with your perfect amp settings and mics :).
    The philosophy of the kemper is that you’ll never get the sound of the guy who profiled the amp, each guitar/pickup/câble/picks/ears etc are different.
    Even the perception of sounds are different from one to another person :)

and as the eq is not a real amp eq, better have more options available if wanted. I even don’t’ know how those 4 controls acts.

I also think it’s impossible to get an Marshall or fender eq or whatever amp style eq.
    the kemper is really not a modeler at all.

It will be way more complicated to implement this function than just moving an already existant features to another place :)

• Currently I experience a difference in imprints and FRFR-Signal. Especially I think the loudness and gain seems to be on a different level. At least this is what I experienced with my all time favorite Performance. So one EQ for imprint and one for FRFR or an automatism to balance loudness and gain issues that come with the use of imprints and FRFR.

Anyone else experiencing such behavior?

can’t help as I’m going direct FOH.

But the more eq option the more possibilities :)

• I think selectable types of eq in every place that has an eq would be great. I think eq for imprints would be great as well as headphones and direct out. Auxiliary in eq would be nice also. Let's just add them everywhere with all types available in short. Lol

+6

thought exactly that yesterday night as I was playing through headphones :)

• It will be way more complicated to implement this function than just moving an already existant features to another place :)

I agree it would probably be easier but as a user it would really annoy me to have to use the Studio EQ instead of the current simple 4 way. If the moving of the studio EQ could be added without forcing those that don't want to use it to adapt that would be fine though

+6

I like this idea a lot. +1

• I agree it would probably be easier but as a user it would really annoy me to have to use the Studio EQ instead of the current simple 4 way. If the moving of the studio EQ could be added without forcing those that don't want to use it to adapt that would be fine though

of course the studio eq must be an option and not replace the 4 way eq :)

• Potential Buzzkill ahead:

In another thread, Burkhard pointed out:

The EQ is now an integral part of the AMP like in the analog world. This change is a strategic design decision setting the base for future functional enhancements. You might have noticed that the Stage has no EQ button. And Rig Manager also has no an EQ module. So, we are consistent.

While I like the idea of multiple EQ styles/types, tying the amp and EQ blocks together and not including them in RM or on the Stage says fairly loudly that custom-eq blocks isn't going to happen. Much like the second LED above the delay block on the Rack/Toaster....the EQ button on older models is apparently now redundant.

I like the idea of multiple EQ stack style presets or even allowing graphic/studio types in there. Sure looks like they've got something altogether different in mind.

Which for the folks at Kemper is pretty normal. :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Potential Buzzkill ahead:
    While I like the idea of multiple EQ styles/types, tying the amp and EQ blocks together and not including them in RM or on the Stage says fairly loudly that custom-eq blocks isn't going to happen. Much like the second LED above the delay block on the Rack/Toaster....the EQ button on older models is apparently now redundant.

Touché… so, we all rack/toaster users have a useless redundant EQ button, which could had been used as a dedicated powerful amp EQ stomp?

Removing the need for that button is consistent with the Stage, but Stage users have an additional circuit for the fuzz and some I/O that Rack/Toaster users don’t have. So, why head units could not make good use of that EQ button and use it like a dedicated EQ stomp?

Another option could be adding a studio graphic eq, as part of the amp parameters available.

In fact many real amps heads have onboard graphic EQs for example: MesaBoogie, laney, Vht, hartkey, Carvin.

This could be the case of the Profiler with a new powerful graphic studio EQ in the amp stack.

But if the strategic decision means that Kemper found a clever way to solve the limit of just 4 stomps pre/post the stack section, I would be more than glad with it.

• The Kemper has a multitude of EQs already.

If you can't achieve the sound you want already I would 'consider' user failure OR you're trying to morph a profile into something that it isn't meant to be. Too many options are TOO MANY options which normally result in overkill & losing your way. It's a limited frequency guitar you're playing, not a modular MOOG synthesizer.

There are bigger fish to fry first before 'another' EQ is added. 'Maybe' after that.

In the meantime load more profiles & try those first before more add of EQs. Maybe change guitars that have different pickups in them to achieve what you're after?

• Consistency. One OS version for all units. One code base to troubleshoot, modify and maintain. That's a huge deal and no small thing. Adding a circuit for fuzz is an extremely simple thing in comparison.

Second - the Stage is 8 years newer. I would hope it had some features the older models don't. It'd be nice...but it sure looks like Kemper has other ideas they want to explore. They didn't make this change for nothing.

• Consistency. One OS version for all units. One code base to troubleshoot, modify and maintain. That's a huge deal and no small thing. Adding a circuit for fuzz is an extremely simple thing in comparison.

Second - the Stage is 8 years newer. I would hope it had some features the older models don't. It'd be nice...but it sure looks like Kemper has other ideas they want to explore. They didn't make this change for nothing.

In principle yes - but you cannot as a company just ignore that some of your hardware have different buttons/feature that need to continue working. Right now we have an EQ button that does nothing and 2 delay LEDs for the delay module that makes no sense. It's not the path to take. I would be extremely pissed if the STOMPS and EFFECTS buttons on the rack stopped working just because some other version of the hardware don't have them.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• In principle yes - but you cannot as a company just ignore that some of your hardware have different buttons/feature that need to continue working. Right now we have an EQ button that does nothing and 2 delay LEDs for the delay module that makes no sense. It's not the path to take. I would be extremely pissed if the STOMPS and EFFECTS buttons on the rack stopped working just because some other version of the hardware don't have them.

Sure they can ignore it. They already have at least twice, with a solution that doesn't obsolete the older models.

In contrast, their answer could have been to cease production of the current Rack and Toaster, release new hardware and eventually sunset OS support for older models. Like Fractal and pretty much the rest of the world does.

That they haven't changed their hardware in a decade, support it for free and continue with (effectively) 100% feature parity when compared to the new stuff (Stage). That is totally unheard of. It still blows my mind that you can take a first-run KPA Toaster from 2011, update it to the latest OS and it has the *identical* features as one built this morning.

That a light or button becomes redundant as the OS evolves is a minor niggle, if that.

• Yeah. Or a simple ifdef statement in the code. Not rocket science.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM