iPad App hangs on Scanning for Devices

• I connected my profiler to my network. WPS was successful and I can see myProfiler connected on my router. Nevertheless the RigManger App on my iPad still can’t find it. It’s stuck on „Scanning for devices“. Of course, it’s connected to the same network. Have I missed something?

• One possibility is that the WiFi settings on your router have „Client Separation/Isolation“ enabled (which means: clients are supposed not to find each other).

The Profiler broadcasts it‘s presence to the local network where the iPad app is listening for those broadcasts. It should be found within seconds.

• Thank you, for responding so fast. Checked all Router settings. Couldn’t find anything like client isolation. I also use a WiFi printer which works fine. Any other suggestions?

• I have the same issue with the normal model (not stage). i connected it to my router with a cat 5 cable, the router gave it an IP address.

rig manager on IOS though can't find it. the ipad is connected to the wireless of my router that the kemper's plugged into.

i check the client separation and it's off. the router is a tp link ax6000

• I have the same issue with the normal model (not stage). i connected it to my router with a cat 5 cable, the router gave it an IP address.

rig manager on IOS though can't find it. the ipad is connected to the wireless of my router that the kemper's plugged into.

i check the client separation and it's off. the router is a tp link ax6000

And the "normal model" runs OS 8.5.2?

• Afritzro  jspano

could you verify that the PROFILER indeed actually got a IP number from your router?

on the PROFILER : system menu -> last page -> details :

there should be indicated an IP address which should not be 169.x.x.x (because that would indicate 'autoip')

• ok..

I expect your notebook is connected wireless, just like the iPad and the Stage: so it should not be a client isolation problem then.

I'm kind of out ideas here.. maybe try restarting the app on the iPad would be my last guess at this moment.

• Yes, everything is connected wireless. I deleted the App, restarted the iPad and reinstalled the app, still the same. Can I provide you a log file or something? Is it possible to connect via commanding?

• Afritzro  jspano

could you verify that the PROFILER indeed actually got a IP number from your router?

on the PROFILER : system menu -> last page -> details :

there should be indicated an IP address which should not be 169.x.x.x (because that would indicate 'autoip')

Hi, from your other question, yes it's running 8.5.2.29290B

the ip address in the kemper on the details page is the same one as my router assigned it. 192.168.1.233

my ipad is 192.168.1.183

EDIT: also i can ping my kemper from my pc (not sure how to do that from an ipad)

with no loss etc.

Edit2: i got a program for my ipad that would let me ping the kemper port. it pings fine as well.

Edit 3: just some more testing, i tried unplugging the kemper from my PC's USB thinking it might be stuck in that mode or something with the pc version of rig manager, and it still has the issue finding it.

Thanks!

Edited once, last by jspano ().

• hmm.. very strange.. we need some analyzing for this problem.. we will discuss internally how to commence from here

Ok please let me know if i can be of any help. I don't use it live/professionally so i can load whatever updates/troubleshooting stuff etc if i'll help you guys.

• …very strange… gave another try and played around with the demo version. Suddenly my profiler was found and I could connect. I restarted the RigManager App and again it couldn’t find the profiler, just scanning for device…

I go fed up and played guitar without closing the app. (In the state of scanning for devices) After about 5 minutes my profiler was found again and I could connect. Is this a „driving you nuts“ feature? ?