Observations On Going Wireless

• Since the advent of Rig Manager, I have been able to create and edit Performances for gigs straight from my MacBook Pro, via USB.
    I love being able to work like this; I find it intuitive, fast, and efficient.
    Unfortunately, the USB ports on my MacBook recently died, which meant that installing new software revisions, and creating/editing Performances suddenly became... impossible.
    Then wireless connectivity was announced! I have an iPad, I use a standalone router for my band's XR18 mixing desk, and I already use a POE injector for Remote, so I thought, this is going to save my bacon!
    I'm connected and it's working great. Well done, Kemper!

However, there are certain things that I can't do on the iPad which I could when using RM on the MacBook:
    For example, I need to be able to reorder the Performances quickly, as I have them in setlist order and we typically change the setlist before every gig. This doesn't seem to be possible.
    Secondly, I rely on Rig Manager to create and store Performances, so that I can drag things out of my library folders and tweak them. The tweaking is good to go on iPad, but the initial creating of a Performance isn't.

Are the full set of Rig Manager features something that we can expect to see further down the line?

• As with all things Kemper it’s a work in progress, I’m sure the iOS app will be developed further,

It was ever so lightly hinted at by a staff member.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• A 1.0 application is rarely the end of things. And the guys at Kemper appear to take a long-view of system development. :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Interesting ideas. In its current form, it doesn’t store rigs and performances like rig manager right? It’s just an editor? It occurred to me that if it did it could get awfully confusing really quick to end up having some things stored in iOS on a iPad and other things on your laptop, without some sort of cloud based storage shared between devices. Even just utilizing both browse mode and performance mode and rig manager leaves me sometimes thinking, “now where did I save that rig?” the age old problem in computer files of having two versions of something with the same name or not remembering which location you saved something on.