How to get the Chainsaw guitar tone?

• I don't know if I am even sure I know what the chainsaw guitar tone is. I imagine I have heard it before but I can't direct you to a song that represents it accurately. How do you achieve it with Kemper? High-gain profile + fuzz + treble boost??

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Dont know what it is but it sounds horrible :)

Pretty obvious!! If you play Death Metal and want your guitar licks sound like a chainsaw ripping through flesh and bones. If the theme is horror, it is not surprising it sounds "horrible" ?

There are people out their, that are so hooked to HM-2 on max tone, it's almost a religious cult. A cult that baths in blood and wicked pleasures ?

• Pretty obvious!! If you play Death Metal and want your guitar licks sound like a chainsaw ripping through flesh and bones. If the theme is horror, it is not surprising it sounds "horrible" ?

There are people out their, that are so hooked to HM-2 on max tone, it's almost a religious cult. A cult that baths in blood and wicked pleasures ?

As a guitarist, and a Kemperer, I figure it would be advantageous to study all genres to gain inspiration and technique to incorporate into my own songwriting. So, if I am feeling a little board during practice then why not? I don't want to be limited even though I might limit what songs I publish myself. ;)

• Do you mean swedish death metal chainsaw sound? If so a boss hm-2 will give you that sound.

I think I found the example here searching for Boss HM2. Sounds awful alone buts works in that mix.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Is there a difference between Chainsaw and Djent?

Yes :)

Djent: Your parents bought you an Axe-Fx, you payed attention in math class and want to show that in your music, you practice and practice until 6 strings aren't enough and you can shred on 8 strings, you want a polished, low mid scooped, medium high gain tone to bring out your tight palm mutes

Chainsaw: Your parents are vikings that went on a raid, in school you painted unreadable fictional band logos and let your hair grow, you don''t need to practice to play faster or better, cause you have a deal with Satan, you tune your guitar down to hell, you want a raw brutal high gain tone that sounds like a throttled chainsaw

The holy grail of chainsaw:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yes :)

Djent: Your parents bought you an Axe-Fx, you payed attention in math class and want to show that in your music, you practice and practice until 6 strings aren't enough and you can shred on 8 strings, you want a polished, low mid scooped, medium high gain tone to bring out your tight palm mutes

Chainsaw: Your parents are vikings that went on a raid, in school you painted unreadable fictional band logos and let your hair grow, you don''t need to practice to play faster or better, cause you have a deal with Satan, you tune your guitar down to hell, you want a raw brutal high gain tone that sounds like a throttled chainsaw

???

• Wow! That vid was most irritating! I love the humor and sarcasm it the comments. :D

Anyone noticed they stole Ozzy's scream into the intro? :P

• you might get there either using

A clean or mostly clean profile and stacking lots of drives and boosts

Or

Mid to high gain profile using one or two drives

Or

possible taking a clean or mostly clean profile and turning the profile gain waaaaaaaaaay up plus adding drives and stomps

• No that won't work or come close enough. You need a Boss HM-2 or any clone capable of copying that sound.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• No that won't work or come close enough. You need a Boss HM-2 or any clone capable of copying that sound.

Reading this circuit layout makes me think I could hahaha

I made some presets trying to get the Sleep sound from the album Jerusalem by stackin 3 or 4 stomps and shapers together. It sounds like a mangled mess but it's supposed to.

This had me think that the chainsaw could be reached by similar means. Or maybe even something better and different slightly.

Slam the preamp, cascade the gain, compound the power amp, splay the cabinet, shred into the void bwhahahaha