How to get the Chainsaw guitar tone?

• Acually, a double recto amp profile with scooped treble plus kemper overdrive with the tone up and some tweaking should get you there pretty fast, the trick is in the crushing treble, which the double recto has tons of it.

The answer is 42

• Why

Acually, a double recto amp profile with scooped treble plus kemper overdrive with the tone up and some tweaking should get you there pretty fast, the trick is in the crushing treble, which the double recto has tons of it.

Okey give us a clip of it as proof.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I've been throgh it and tried to get close to the HM-2 tone with other tools. You CAN get nice Death Metal tones with boosting / stacking drives like Boss Metalzone / Metal DS in Kemper or Boss DS-1, EQ, tone matched IR...

But random nice Death Metal tone is not Swedish Chainsaw!

I then tried profiling my gear with my original HM-2 (Japan)... and again I can create some cool Death Metal tone....

Tried also some modelling (Helix, Audiority) with bad to o.k. results...

BUT again, it NEVER was close enough!!

I guess the guys saying that it can easily be replicated never ever played a setup with a Boss HM-2 and are not at all familiar with the unique characteristics we expect from the term swedish chainsaw with HM-2.

• I still think it's neat that chainsaw tone is specific to one brand of pedal. Any other pedals can make that claim to just one genre of music?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I'm saying that it maybe potentially could be possible or possible to get close and that people should try it and several other things before saying it can't be done any other way. Obvioulsy, your tone may vary.

• I'm saying that it maybe potentially could be possible or possible to get close and that people should try it and several other things before saying it can't be done any other way. Obvioulsy, your tone may vary.

Well go ahead and give us proof or don't say anything.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• umm ok, I guess?

You can drag a horse to water. 10-to-one any "proof" you provide will be shot down by the guy who believes his answer is gospel.

It's basically a heavily distorted sound. Awful in the room, but very cutting in a mix. You'll get tonnes of feedback and squealing, so a noise gate is necessary.

On "Left Hand Path", from which the sound originated:

Entombed used Ibanez X-series guitars with EMG pickups into a Peavey Studio Pro 40W Combo Amp. Two guitars using HM-2’s were double tracked as such and panned left and right, while a third guitar using a Boss DS-1 was fully centered within the soundstage - to overall produce that textural wall of sound. The Peavey Studio Pro Amp was ’busted’ shortly after the completion of the recording, meaning that Entombed used a Peavey Bandit for their remaining albums - while preserving the arrangement of the other core tone-shaping elements.

I should be able to record something from next week, will try and create a profile to share.

• Just seeing this thread reminds me of Jackyl-The lumber jack. I can’t offer anything on Swedish metal, but I can give you this.?

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I asked a friend to borrow his hm2 and I downloaded some hm2's maxed out captures to the cortex, but I am in no rush to provide any substantially definable evidence to anyone who basically said provide evidence or be quiet. I made some suggestions and don't have to pony up for anyone in a timely manner or at all to back my suggestion for probability to proximity of a sound. So maybe i will or maybe or won't or it'll take a long time but I don't really care, it was just an idea or 3. Calm down or stay fussy and get rekt. Or maybe, just maybe, see how far it can get on your own without having the opportunity for someone else to subjectively take a mediocre steamer on the notion of a loose imagination. Lol

• You can drag a horse to water. 10-to-one any "proof" you provide will be shot down by the guy who believes his answer is gospel.

It's basically a heavily distorted sound. Awful in the room, but very cutting in a mix. You'll get tonnes of feedback and squealing, so a noise gate is necessary.

Well go ahead and give us proof or don't say anything.

Here it is. In a nut shell, it's been tried and closely achieved but not close enough to be considered to be achieved. Which is what I said.

Try it and get close probably.

Don't try anything, you will achieve nothing.

Who tried it? Lol

• Awesome_Elvis  BayouTexan

I can make some new Kemper profiles ( I can not promise and it will take some time - I am busy atm :rolleyes:). I have a Peavey Rage solid state amp with a speaker out mod to hook up some bigger cabs. I can push it with my original HM-2 made in Japan. I can also dial in the cab part using Ugritone TRVE Cab with SweDeath IR. Maybe the result will be close enough to have fun with it :)

• Awesome_Elvis  BayouTexan

I can make some new Kemper profiles ( I can not promise and it will take some time - I am busy atm :rolleyes:). I have a Peavey Rage solid state amp with a speaker out mod to hook up some bigger cabs. I can push it with my original HM-2 made in Japan. I can also dial in the cab part using Ugritone TRVE Cab with SweDeath IR. Maybe the result will be close enough to have fun with it :)

Exactly! I'm not sure I will even like how I sound playing it, but I am interested to try. Maybe I might want to write a Country song using that tone? :D.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.