Overview of Famous Guitar Rigs

• Hey Guys,

I play guitar for several years now. But I never really got all the knowhow about Guitar Rigs - especially Amps and Cabs.

Now, since I own a KEMPER I would like to emulate the sound I know from famous guitar idols.

I would like to know if anybody has an overview of all Amps, Cabs and used Rigs by bands. An overview that shows:

- All Amps out there on the market

- Which guitarist uses which kind of setup (Amp, Cab, FX, Guitar)

- Which kind of Amp is destinated for which kind of genre?

While the whole Library of Rigs is orginazed by amp names, I just would like to know what I can expect if I choose a specific amp.

I did not find to much information on this via google.

Many thanks in advance.

• I think you'll be lucky to find all of that in one place!

You could try https://equipboard.com/role/guitarists ... but it is sketchy at best.

If you search 'Rig Rundown' (Premier Guitar) on YouTube, you can see what individual players are using.

Bottom line is that your time would be well spent browsing through the the profiles that came with your Kemper and find something that makes you sound good!

• A good starting point is the Keeper Legends rigs in the factory content. They have done a gold job of imitating some classic tones in a very wide range of styles. Load some of those and look at which amps and FX were used.

premier guitar rig rundown videos can be god too but remember they are discotheque live rigs which are often very different to what was used in the studio.

As Andy said, you could look at equipboard but from what I've seen there is at least as much misinformation as there is information so take it all with a pinch of salt.

• Thanks a lot for your answers!

Equipboard is a good tip.

You're right. Probably the best idea is to look the the sound with my rig sounds pleasing to my ears. I'm not sure on how much the studio sound is altered compared to the "real" setup.