What would it take to get Android support?

• I am wondering what it would take for Kemper to consider supporting the Android platform with the wireless rig manager. We know that the answer is a "no" currently, and that Apple's iPad is the only supported device today.

But what would it take to make it happen? Would love to hear Christoph's thoughts/comments on this. In what situation would we see Android support?

Please show your support by commenting below if you want Android support at well.

• Well, if Kemper made all RigManager and Editors by using a framework which is supported by all platforms (Windows, Linux, iOS, Android) as QT5 is, there would only be minor points where they would have be platform-specifics. But Kemper did not. So they have to support incompatible versions. That's at least what I think although I do not know anything about the inerts of the software and it's platform versions.

• if apple was the only platform, Id be with out a phone,,I'll be without a wireless kemper,,

I have played guitar for 50+ years without wireless,,,,so did Jimi and Stevie, so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Please add Android support, not everyone wants to go out of their way to buy an iPad to gain this functionality.

it would take a BS license from Google. Careful what you wish for. ;)

That is not true at all, Apple is the one who requires developers pay them up front in order to even access the devkit. Android is open-source, if you put an app on the store, you just give a small cut to Google like any other marketplace on the internet.

Edited once, last by Knightmare: Added additional post. ().

• Why are you so concerned about this? Of course there will be a solution for Android as well. Do you really expect it to be an Apple-only device :/ You must know very little about commercial logic. Android is the leading OS in phones and tablets these days. A company will of course by default not consider to do it without including Android to their solution. Patience is key. Haven’t you learned anything being a Kemper owner? ;) There is obviously some stuff that needs to be sorted out with the Android solution. Otherwise it would probably have been released the same day as for Apple.

Patience and faith, my friends :) And btw…..Denmark just went on to the quarterfinals. Let’s ALL celebrate ;)

Edited once, last by b_ryan ().

• Hell yeah! (for helvede ja!)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Why are you so concerned about this? Of course there will be a solution for Android as well. Do you really expect it to be an Apple-only device :/ You must know very little about commercial logic. Android is the leading OS in phones and tablets these days. A company will of course by default not consider to do it without including Android to their solution. Patience is key. Haven’t you learned anything being a Kemper owner? ;) There is obviously some stuff that needs to be sorted out with the Android solution. Otherwise it would probably have been released the same day as for Apple.

Patience and faith, my friends :) And btw…..Denmark just went on to the quarterfinals. Let’s ALL celebrate ;)

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Cristoph has consistently said that there will not be Android support since the iPad app was released.

Like you I think it is only a matter of time, but I'd like to show the desire for Android support from the community to help this project get prioritized.

Like all of you I love my Kemper (only had it for about 4 months now), and the support is unparalleled. Android support would be great. Glad those who use apple products have support now, it gives me hope for Android support in the future.

Again, feel free to show your desire and support for an Android Rig Manager app. It would be great for those of us unwilling to live in the Apple ecosystem.

First, CK has said pretty loudly that he is not intending to provide Android support. So, yes.....right now it's expected to be Apple-only.

Commercial logic dictates that the KPA would be on version 3 or 4 by now. So, Kemper clearly dances to the beat of their own drummer.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche