What would it take to get Android support?

• V8guitar>>> Is that phone only? I highly doubt that the real number is 72%. That seems way to large a number. And are these numbers really valid?

I was surprised but of course it will be phone.

My point is as a platform for mobile devices, regardless of the actual percentage, its still significant. For tablets( which is purely for RM) then this is less relevent.

My only pojnt is if more is planned, then it should be reconsidered.

I currently control my IEM mix for our soundcraft mixer via my android phone.

I have no use for RM on my phone. But then again most people are brand platform loyal, so I also only have an Android tablet.

• I agree that IOS population is definitely skewed for pro/semi pro musicians.

I also agree that running RM wirelessly is not a big deal hence one reason there are only 35 posts.

My only point is that do not totally dilute the population of KPA users into dedicated musicians. I think ( I have no stats) that many if not the majority of users are hobby players like me. Of those hobby players, 70% have Android phones.

So whilst have RM only on IOS is no biggy...if there is much more done on wireless devices then the problem will increase.

Whether that is enough for Kemper to include Android is up to them....is the juice worth the squeeze :)

• I haven't read CKemper didn't want to developp this app for Android but i trust in all of you ;)

Whatever statistics, figures, android platforms programming problems (i'm not a programmer but i see millions of android applications:|), i don't catch why this won't be extended to Android...

Said differently, or asking a different question, i would ask ; why have Kemper Team developped this app for ?

In my mind, the function is linked to the support (computer VS tabs) not to the OS and the most owners can use....

This app is a benefit. Would i use it if i had an Ipad (a new one :rolleyes:) ? Surely...

It's convenient with the stage on the floor, you don't have to bent in two, it's faster than cabling, turning on the computer and starting RM.

So why am i not able to have this functionality with another common kind of tab ?

In fact, today it's (only) a comfortable option for remote substitute.

I fear that this app will meet new evolutions and will purpose, for exemple, the cloud option to search Rigs on the fly or the performance management mode to reorganized Rigs.

But, whatever happens, nothing will start again this GAS machine, i won't buy an ipad !!!!

Am i jealous ? Maybe a little....I think it's only psychological, I have to talk about it to my psychatrist...^^

I don't want to feel forsaken cause i've done a bad tab choice before, i would think that a dark force persecute me....:evil:

On the other hand, i remember why i've bought the stage : Sound, sound, sound. The chain is simple but efficient.

We can easily tweak on the hardware (easier than i expected it before buying the unit).

A lot of improvements have been done during the last two years (RIG settings parameters in RM, new drives, fuzz, etc....).

So i'm gonna keep cool, stop behaving like a spoilt child, going on taking pleasure with my stage and gratify Kemper Team for all the work they do.

• I agree that IOS population is definitely skewed for pro/semi pro musicians.

I also agree that running RM wirelessly is not a big deal hence one reason there are only 35 posts.

I agree. For me as a hobby musician it’s almost unusable and just a gimmick. But I see it’s place at the rehearsal place and maybe on stage. But on stage….wouldn’t you already have made your sounds beforehand :/

• I agree. For me as a hobby musician it’s almost unusable and just a gimmick. But I see it’s place at the rehearsal place and maybe on stage. But on stage….wouldn’t you already have made your sounds beforehand :/

That's what I think: who will edit performance rigs on stage? Working in studio is a different thing.

So I do have a splitted view on this new tablet app: I do not need it because I edit my performances at home using the PC. But the other side is: Kemper blames people who do not have (and do not like) Apple devices.

Arguments like Android world is too much diverse do not hold: the app is not a sound making media machine, it is just a nice editor communicating with the real sound machine over WiFi. This would be no problem at all with an Android device. The real problem is: Kemper software is not based on a common framework interfacing the real os systems below. Therefore they must develop and supply too much incompatible software branches.

• +1

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM