What would it take to get Android support?

• Looks like a neural dsp app? Or am I missing something?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Great, now we have Neural propaganda in a feature request for kemper.

Propaganda? No, man. Just a hint others can do it with Android. Why not Kemper?

Anyway, an Android app is not on my wishlist. I am happy with RigManager on PC. Linux would be nicer:):!:

• I would love a phone app for my Android phone. It would be very advantageous for any user to be able to tweak his or her stage standing up using their phone. Pretty please with sugar on top?

• My guess is that they've done the cost / benefit analysis and it doesn't justify hiring a full-time android engineer, having multiple app platforms, or hiring a 3rd party company to built and maintain it.

• I don't think it takes an Android engineer to make an app.

Considering the veritable cornucopia of Android apps I'd tend to agree. That being said I am not familiar with the SDK. Seems to me it could be made for tablets alone.

I'm reminded of Sonos who only allowed iOS devices the ability to fine tune a multi speaker/theatre setup. Kind of like refining a Profile in the Kemper. Their logic is that Apple has control over the microphones in their devices, and therefore can be trusted to be consistent.

But this has nothing to do with audio in any way shape or form.

It only has to do with connectivity and there is zero difference between Apple and any other device in that sense.

Is it possible? Damn straight. Is it easy? For the right person absolutely.

There must be a will though, and that seems sadly lacking at this point.

I have a Surface Pro tablet and I'd be thrilled with wireless connectivity to that at least.

• Maybe not to make one to ship version 1, but it definitely takes someone with Android experience to maintain and update. At the very least, it would take another employee or another maintenance update contract for a 3rd party software company.

• Maybe if you could allow a 3rd party to develop and maintain an Android app, and then charge for the app to recoup expenses. I know it goes against the general Kemper ethos but I'd happily pay a few dollars for the app, and it would save Kemper the effort of doing it themselves, freeing them up for more important developments (Kemper 2?)

Win/Win

• Reminds me a bit of UAD and the OX. Back then, I got my hands dirty, used tcpdump on my router, to reverse-engineer their websocket communication and write a Qt app for Linux. Frankly, I wouldn't do that again, because it can easily turn into a moving target, if the maker of the devices decides to change the API or add encryption.

You have to be aware, that it requires (wo)manpower at Kemper to maintain it properly and deal with all the hassle of Android app development. Perhaps they eventually give in if there's a high enough demand. However, both, Rig Manager and the iOS app are lacking certain very important features, like pedal and switch assignments and frequently crash on me. That software just doesn't feel complete/stable to me. ...a bit like they're not really throwing much dev resources at it.

EDIT: Perhaps OSC would be an option.

• An Android App would be a great thing!

Shouldn't be to complicated as they already have the IOS Version.

In terms of front end concept there shouldn't be much difference.

The cake is already half baked! =)