I cannot figure reamping out. Head is fried

• Hello everybody, I'm really sorry to ask such a basic question but I cannot for the life of me figure this out. Ive been trying to do this for 3 days now and I've watched every video on YouTube about it. I feel like banging my head against the wall I'm that frustrated. I am using the Focusrite claret 4 pre usb. Kemper profiling amp and Logic Pro x.

my input on the Kemper is set to front input

my output on the Kemper under spdif is set to git/stack. Under main output in the Kemper master mono

In focusrite control my spdif output 1-2 is set to daw playback 5-6

I set up dry track in logic input 9, output stereo out and that works, records dry signal

I set up another track in logic input 10, output stereo out and that plays my Kemper amp

when I hit record on dry track it records both as it should the problem is I can't reamp. So everything works as the videos show so far.

Then I set another audio track in logic, alter the dry track output to 5-6, the new track input to 5-6. Change the Kemper spdif input to reamp and nothing.

I cannot get anything into my third logic track there is no signal. I cannot figure this out, thanks for any help

Oh I should add I've got 2 spdif cables going out and in from Kemper and audio interface

• I see more complaints using Focusrite for reamping than any other interface. It sounds like a routing issue. Check this vid to make sure your routing is correct...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Then all you want to do is "send" the dry signal (mono) output from the DAW track into the Kemper "return" input to replace your original guitar signal. Before you hit "play" in DAW to play the dry signal, go to Input settings on Kemper (page 1 of 2) and select Input Source = Return Input Reamp. (or Input Source = SPDIF Input Reamp if you are using SPDIF). You should be reamping now if your DAW routing is correct.

You may have to adjust the Reamp Sens on Page 2 for appropriate line level.

Remember to return the Input setting to Input Source = Front Input for original guitar signal when you are done reamping.

Welcome to the forums.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited 2 times, last by BayouTexan ().

• Thanks a lot man for the video and help. It still isn't working though. I just don't get a signal out of the reamp track. Never struggled as much with anything in my entire life. Im going to sell it and buy some neural DSP plug ins. I can't actually spend anymore time trying to figure this out. Thanks tho man I appreciate the help

• You only have to get the setup correct once. Then you just save as a reamp project in DAW to load with one click afterwards.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I've been tramping for a few years with an old Focusrite Saffire and Logic Pro X without any issues. It must be a routing setting in either Control or Logic but it's tough to say what without seeing everything.

All I can say about the other aspect is that ai tried the free trial period of a few of the Neural plugins but never brought then as they sounded pretty crap to me. I was able to profile a few of them during the trial and the results sounded very close - just as crap as the actual plugins ? To be fair I can see why metal players might like them but for anything else I don't see the attraction and would persevere with the reamping tests.

• Thanks for your help people. I’ve sorted it. Only took my 4/5 days haha. Such a relief. God knows what I’ve done but it works and I’ve tried it a few times and I can do it now. Thanks a lot

Great news.

I struggled with my Focusrite just to be able to play through it, its far from intuitive!

I also played with the free trial of Neural Plugins...sound wasn't good AND crashed my computer. seemed to be so resource hungry compared to amplitube.

• Thanks for your help people. I’ve sorted it. Only took my 4/5 days haha. Such a relief. God knows what I’ve done but it works and I’ve tried it a few times and I can do it now. Thanks a lot

Maybe you should tell us what you did wrong and how you fixed it cause someone else might come here on the forum and have the same problem. :)

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau