A METHOD for ordering and naming KPA sounds (useful also to compare Amps and Rigs)

• Thanks to Maurizio ... think I will try his last backup.

But here only a proposal for organizing your rigs:
    I have saved interesting rigs like this: for example: "F1-1-[old name]"
    F = Frank (could be the first letter of your name or "0" or whatever - you will find it fast by pressing the up/down buttons in the "rig" field on the right side)
    first 1 = clean (2 = crunch, 3 = drive, 4 = heavy drive ....)
    second 1 = number of chosen rig in the category (clean, drive...) ... better use "01"

If the full name would be to long I trim it.

With this method you can easily find your "own" rigs but with the old name you know the origin and can go back to it if your own creation sucks later (for what reason ever ....) :D

• Hi Mauritzio ,
    I like your approach and decide to apply it , but no luck .
    Kemper says: there is no back up file to restore ?
    Where am I making mistake ?
    Thanks

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• The extension is correct, just save it in the backup folder of your usb (make sure nonother backups are in it) and then select "restore"

in my case it doesn't work , extension might be be incorrect , since Kemper doesn't recognize it ...

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• This is so awesome, thank you very much. Finally a way out of the tone-chaos that I´ve gotten myself into since I have my KPA.

One issue I have, though...I can´t switch Stomps and effects on and off by simply pressing the button (a,b,c,d,x,mod,delay,reverb), I need to use the on/off switch. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again, this backup-file made my day (and many days to come...) :) :)

• in my case it doesn't work , extension might be be incorrect , since Kemper doesn't recognize it ...

Yes, I believe it can be only an extension/renaming problem, never got a problem till now, a frind of mine put my backup in his KPA weekly without any problem.
    Just a suggestion: try to load one backup directly from you, to see if it works.

Let me know, if I can help you in someway.

Ciao!
    Maurizio

• This is so awesome, thank you very much. Finally a way out of the tone-chaos that I´ve gotten myself into since I have my KPA.

One issue I have, though...I can´t switch Stomps and effects on and off by simply pressing the button (a,b,c,d,x,mod,delay,reverb), I need to use the on/off switch. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again, this backup-file made my day (and many days to come...) :) :)

I'm happy you like it, next days I will add the Juanma Blanco rigs and more and better Effects Presets... but I don't know when I'll be able to upload next backup here... unfortunately I have very few time.
    For the STOMP/EFFECTS ON/OFF I use to flag the item "Direct Edit" in the System Menu, that's why you find this behaviour. Just unclick the Direct Edit Flag in the System Menu and you'll come back to your previous way. I prefer this because I edit a lot of thing, so for me it works better.

Don't forget to change your KPA Owner's Name because when you load my backup your name will change in mine "Maurizio70".

Ciao
    Maurizio

• Maurizio70

I now worship you!! You will be my new god!! :P

Nah in all seriousness, thank you very very much for this man. As mentioned before, its more than above the call of duty!

Serious Christoph Kemper if you are reading this, give Maurizio70 a job in the UI section of your company!!

delighted with this!!

Thank you very much!

And I now have over 350 new profiles!! :D

And I thought whitlling it down from the stock bunch was hard!!! :thumbup:

• Serious Christoph Kemper if you are reading this, give Maurizio70 a job in the UI section of your company!!

:thumbup:

... considering that...
    - I love Germany and Kemper Amp :thumbup:
    - I feel more engineer with music than with my actual job 8|
    - ... more and more...

So, CK, WHY NOT??? :rolleyes:;)

• hey man, I would love to give the backup a shot, but the link for the august 22nd backup is not working for me =[
    is there anyway you could please send me a link?
    it be much appreciated, thank you!

• hey man, I would love to give the backup a shot, but the link for the august 22nd backup is not working for me =[
    is there anyway you could please send me a link?
    it be much appreciated, thank you!

Send me a PM with your email, and let's try in this way...

• Hi there...a new Kemper owner here just wanting to say thanks Maurizio70...Love your approach to this which to me is a real pain...sorting through patches.

Really helped my Kemper initiation!!!

:thumbup:

• Thank you,
    your work is amazing, I think the way you manage rigs name is very solid and I'll try to follow in the future.

+1

Ciao a presto.

• SEPTEMBER 19th, 2012

I have uploaded a new version of my backup file (on 1.1.1 KPA firmware version) you will find the following updates:
    -High Gain profile selection from SilentUndergroundStudio.com
    -High Gain profile selection from Juanma Blanco RIGs
    -The RIGs created to match specific song sound are now ordered and grouped with the first character going from “0” to “9” to switch and move between them more fastly

and for the presets:
    The Cabinet presets are now all normalized in volume and with good naming also.

Hope to be useful!

Ciao
    Maurizio

• I don't remember who in March, in the forum, start this great work of collecting the various RIG with directories for each factory amp and so on... anyway, thanks to him, I just followed his work and add my latest selection here, including some other cool things. So it's really a "nice to have" file for all of you collective people :)

There are more or less 1.800 profiles, but the advise to delete them from your KPA is a must to play song instead of searching and tweaking, so, don't have fear to delete from the KPA, you can always come back and load them once you needed it!

For example, on my latest backup there are around 500 different Amp Profiles... and maybe they are already too much. I found very very useful the new "Favorites" FLAG on the KPA o go to a quick selection among them and also the trick of saving an amp profile in the stack preset, if you don't want to add a new rig but maintaining the amp profile...

CIao!
    Maurizio

• I am brand new to the Kemper, today actually.

I have updated the firmware to the latest revision. Can you explain how to install your backup and rigs that you made available? I am so sorry for the newness.

Thank you.

• I am brand new to the Kemper, today actually.

I have updated the firmware to the latest revision. Can you explain how to install your backup and rigs that you made available? I am so sorry for the newness.

Thank you.

Sorry for the noise in this thread. I have figured it out. Thanks for all the hard work.

• Thanx a lot Maurizio.
    On the FW 1.5 update my KPA crashed because of too much rigs >1500.
    So I used gianfrancos Wiki tips, erased the internal flash and restored Maurizios Backup.
    No worries, easyly done and it works without any problems. :thumbup:

Geht nicht, gibt´s nicht. "Doesn't work" is no option. :!:

Edited once, last by McRalfix ().