Assign an analog expression pedal to midi CC73?

• I'd like to use midi CC73 to control the monitor out via an analog expression pedal. Can it be done? Next question would be; can it be scaled like the Rig volume control setting? In other words, when I position the pedal to the minimum position I don't want the volume to go to zero. Used as a volume booster. Partial scaling so to speak.

• I'd like to use midi CC73 to control the monitor out via an analog expression pedal. Can it be done? Next question would be; can it be scaled like the Rig volume control setting? In other words, when I position the pedal to the minimum position I don't want the volume to go to zero. Used as a volume booster. Partial scaling so to speak.

All you need to do is configure an expression pedal to control the Monitor volume on the corresponding pedal input settings page. The monitor volume will always be controlled from zero to max. Setting a range like for the main volume is not possible.

• I'm guessing that the Kemper foot pedal input is looking for a voltage divider circuit like shown below. In other words its looking for a voltage range, say 0-5 volt would equal an internal CC scaled value of 0-127? If so, could I use a pedal with a zero offset (bottom value) like shown in the circuit?

• this will not make a difference because the Profiler requires that the pedal is calibrated. After the calibration the pedal will again cover the entire range only with a somewhat more coarse resolution since you limited the range with the range setting on the pedal.

• this will not make a difference because the Profiler requires that the pedal is calibrated. After the calibration the pedal will again cover the entire range only with a somewhat more coarse resolution since you limited the range with the range setting on the pedal.

I see the opposite. It depends on how you do the pedal calibration. If you perform the pedal calibration when the "bottom" pot value is at minimum (completely bypassed), then after the calibration dial the "bottom" pot back in the circuit (increasing the pot value), you have effectively elevated the voltage that appears at the tip. That should offset the CC value as well. That's just a theory I'll have to try. I'll let you know the results. Thanks for the quick response!

• I see the opposite. It depends on how you do the pedal calibration. If you perform the pedal calibration when the "bottom" pot value is at minimum (completely bypassed), then after the calibration dial the "bottom" pot back in the circuit (increasing the pot value), you have effectively elevated the voltage that appears at the tip. That should offset the CC value as well. That's just a theory I'll have to try. I'll let you know the results. Thanks for the quick response!

Success! I built the circuit as described and it worked perfectly. As I said above, you have to initially calibrate the pedal with the "bottom" or "minimum" pot at its minimum (zero) position. After calibration you just adjust the minimum pot value ( = CC value) to what ever you want. I used two 25k pots for this test. That gave me an adjustable minimum volume from 0 to 50 percent. You still have full pedal travel to achieve the max volume. This actually gives you a finer resolution. It's great news for those who need a variable volume boost. Just assign the pedal to CC73 (monitor out). There are several expression pedals out there that have minimum volume pots included, such as the Boss EV-30.

• Success! I built the circuit as described and it worked perfectly. As I said above, you have to initially calibrate the pedal with the "bottom" or "minimum" pot at its minimum (zero) position. After calibration you just adjust the minimum pot value ( = CC value) to what ever you want. I used two 25k pots for this test. That gave me an adjustable minimum volume from 0 to 50 percent. You still have full pedal travel to achieve the max volume. This actually gives you a finer resolution. It's great news for those who need a variable volume boost. Just assign the pedal to CC73 (monitor out). There are several expression pedals out there that have minimum volume pots included, such as the Boss EV-30.

I just tried a M-Audio EX-P foot pedal with adjustable minimum volume pot. Calibrated it as described above and it worked great. $30 . Can't beat it.