Weirdest thing ever with Remote LED diodes

• So at yesterday's rehearsal, I saw that the led diode's (and LCD screen) of my remote were a lot less bright than the ones on the two other remotes (bassplayer and other guitarist).

I mean, the difference is actually huge. In bright sunlight they would probably be barely visible.

We did some testing, and here is the baffling part:

my kemper + my ethernet cable + my remote --> dim leds/lcd screen

my kemper + another ethernet cable + my remote --> dim leds+lcd screen

my kemper + my ethernet cable + another remote --> bright leds/lcd screen (so it's not the PoE of my kemper)

another kemper + my ethernet cable + my remote --> bright lights/lcd screen (so it's not my remote either!)

So as you can see, the issue is really the combination of my remote with my kemper.

Went to system settings and everything is set correctly regarding remote brightness and such.

The other kemper were my remote is working correctly on, has the same OS as mine.

No idea where to start looking for a solution :/

• Assuming you know there is a little dial on the rear of the remote to adjust brightness, right?

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• ah sorry I misunderstood.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• You've done a good bit of testing and unfortunately not learned much about the root cause.

If you haven't already, submit a support ticket and start getting Kemper's take on things.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• could be that your remote draws a bit more current (for whatever reason) plus maybe your kpa is unable deliver as much current as your band-mates. The combination of a “hungry” remote and slightly “weaker” kpa is the cause?

How about if the “bright” remote is a newer version with more efficient components and the “good” Kpa is a newer version able to deliver more than adequate power?

The original kpa was available way before the remote existed though they must have had the remote concept in mind as they added the Ethernet socket. However by the time the remote was produced perhaps the design changed from the original plans? Just speculation here, of course.

I have often wondered why they didn’t build the kpa with a better in-built “PoE” system built in. it would certainly avoid the issues many of us have with selecting the correct type/length of cable. Again maybe an oversight on the original design?

• But “power hungry remote” does not apply. It works perfectly with another kemper.
    and “slightly weaker kpa” neither, as it works perfect with another remote.

That’s the thing: only my remote + my kpa is resulting in weak led lights on the remote.

My kpa + another remote = perfect

My remote with another kpa = perfect

My kpa + my remote = dim leds on my remote ?

• But “power hungry remote” does not apply. It works perfectly with another kemper.

That’s the thing: only my remote + my kpa is resulting in weak led lights on the remote.

My kpa + another remote = perfect

My remote with another kpa = perfect

My kpa + my remote = dim leds on my remote ?

Seems they just don't like each other.

What i was getting at is the possibility of a combination of a “hungry remote” + “weaker kpa” = your setup?

Can you confirm which is the newest/oldest kpa and remote hardware out of all those you tried?

• So at yesterday's rehearsal, I saw that the led diode's (and LCD screen) of my remote were a lot less bright than the ones on the two other remotes (bassplayer and other guitarist).

I mean, the difference is actually huge. In bright sunlight they would probably be barely visible.

I have exactly the same problem. It started occurring the same time as I started experiencing issues with my remotes’s connectivity. I sometimes have to plug the remote cable in 3 times before it reads the profiler head. The brightness of the remote display was affected since then. I have not found the solution yet but will log a support call soon. I keep putting it off as I dread having to send the Kemper in for repairs from South Africa as I have no replacement while its gone!

• I have exactly the same problem. It started occurring the same time as I started experiencing issues with my remotes’s connectivity. I sometimes have to plug the remote cable in 3 times before it reads the profiler head. The brightness of the remote display was affected since then. I have not found the solution yet but will log a support call soon. I keep putting it off as I dread having to send the Kemper in for repairs from South Africa as I have no replacement while its gone!

Did you find any solution? Kemper support didn't really have a solution either when I logged a ticket.

• Official Post

Did you find any solution? Kemper support didn't really have a solution either when I logged a ticket.

KEMPER support has offered to you a repair of your defective front panel. These issues could be related. If the PROFILER fails, it might not be able to manage the Remote appropriately.

Remotes are very stable except either the Remote, the cable or the PROFILER is broken or a third party cable is used, that doesn't really meet the documented specifications. Hardware defects are statistically rare but can happen.

• KEMPER support has offered to you a repair of your defective front panel. These issues could be related. If the PROFILER fails, it might not be able to manage the Remote appropriately.

Remotes are very stable except either the Remote, the cable or the PROFILER is broken or a third party cable is used, that doesn't really meet the documented specifications. Hardware defects are statistically rare but can happen.

Correct, but that was related to the encoder issues. I’ll ship it for repair after I receive the Player. 🤘