Kemper Remote Pedal 5 calibration problem.

• I just received a new Profiler Remote and 2 Mission EP1-KP pedals to add to my existing setup.

I have noticed a problem with calibration.

Pedal 5 input on the Kemper Remote does not behave like 3,4 and 6, which work as expected.

I'm using latest firmware release.

Inputs 3, 4, and 6 display 0% to 100% when pressing the pedal and it only takes a slight pedal movement to move past 0%. This behavior occurs with both Modes: Pedal 1 and Pedal 2, all functions (wah/vol/morph/pitch/etc) were tested. (even using different TRS cables).

Depressing any pedal fully into Input 5 mode: pedal 1 gives me a scale of about -15/20% to 85/90%. There is significant movement of the pedal before the calibration moves past 0% and never reaches 100%, meaning Input 5 (Mode: Pedal 1) is not calibrated correctly.

Input 5 Pedal 2 behaves as expected.

All other inputs (3, 4, 6) including 5 Mode: Pedal 2 work correctly.

The calibration problem is isolated to Input 5 Mode Pedal 1.

Of course I have re-booted the Profiler and re-tested.

Maybe not a concern for some but it is for me.

The older firmware used to have soft buttons to aid in calibration.

Anyway, is this a problem with the Remote or Kemper firmware?

What is the solution?

Thanks.

• I have the EP1-KP too. I never calibrated it. It seemed to work fine for what I am using (volume, morph, basic Wah). Am I supposed to calibrate?

it is always better to calibrate just to make sure you are getting the full range of travel. You just hit calibrate in the pedal page of system menu then move the pedal from heel to toe a few times. Job done.

• i have (in the past) found the continually-active auto-calibrate function can be a pest if you have hardware which “tricks” the kpa into “thinking” a greater min/max is available than intended. Here’s an example showing what i mean here.

A valid argument against what is demonstrated here is that this was os v3 (though i understand it is applicable to the current os) and that i should be using quality/approved hardware/expression pedal. I nowadays use a boss exp pedal which i like to calibrate every time i use it once it’s plugged in. plugging it in after the kpa & remote is booted up can upset things is not my recommended procedure of events. Hopefully someone will tell me the current os treats exp-pedals differently.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• OS 3.3 ??????? isn't that like necroing? LOL. I swap my pedal inputs all the time and no problems on calibration.

“necroing” my favourite word of the week (even though my spell checker didn’t like it!)

like i said, the fact the video uses an older os may automatically portray this quirk is invalid but there will be parts of the os that haven’t changed since then. Equally, this doesn’t necessarily mean everyone will experience or discover this is the case for them. Just trying to help out the original post to eliminate all possibilities.