EZ Question That is Driving Me Nuts!!

• Every Time I got to the OUTPUT or INPUT section I get stuck in there, I want to get the rig browser back up on profiler LCD. It's not a problem because I just use the rig manager to change rigs anyway, but I need to use the kemper without the Rig Manager at times.

Some of the stuff is well thought out, but some of the UI is garbage.. For now I just a/b from Tuner to Browser to bring my current rig back up.

• The exit button is your friend on the head/rack. I believe on the stage it is right below the browse knob. Press that and you'll back out of wherever you are.

With respect...the UI is not garbage. For 9 out of the ten years the KPA has existed, it was the only way you did anything besides move rigs and performances around.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The exit button is your friend on the head/rack. I believe on the stage it is right below the browse knob. Press that and you'll back out of wherever you are.

With respect...the UI is not garbage. For 9 out of the ten years the KPA has existed, it was the only way you did anything besides move rigs and performances around.

thanks on the EXIT!!.. but it's typical German.. well built and long lasting.. with a terrible understanding of UI and Software flow.. contrast to BMW/Tesla.. BMW builds quality but has been lost as cars turn electric, Tesla builds crap cars around a functional monetizable software base. Germany struggled with C19 not due to citizen cooperation, but due to disparate and terrible software scalability. Europe's best hope is to stifle big Tech, as they simply can't hang digitally with the US or China.

The rig manager is a step in the right direction, but its the equivalent of a 2014 DAW set up. Things like Amplitude and Guitar rig had better UI and flow 7 years ago.

• thanks on the EXIT!!.. but it's typical German.. well built and long lasting.. with a terrible understanding of UI and Software flow.. contrast to BMW/Tesla.. BMW builds quality but has been lost as cars turn electric, Tesla builds crap cars around a functional monetizable software base. Germany struggled with C19 not due to citizen cooperation, but due to disparate and terrible software scalability. Europe's best hope is to stifle big Tech, as they simply can't hang digitally with the US or China.

The rig manager is a step in the right direction, but its the equivalent of a 2014 DAW set up. Things like Amplitude and Guitar rig had better UI and flow 7 years ago.

I disagree with your assessment of the UI and your negative stereotyping of Germany.

• thanks on the EXIT!!.. but it's typical German.. well built and long lasting.. with a terrible understanding of UI and Software flow.. contrast to BMW/Tesla.. BMW builds quality but has been lost as cars turn electric, Tesla builds crap cars around a functional monetizable software base. Germany struggled with C19 not due to citizen cooperation, but due to disparate and terrible software scalability. Europe's best hope is to stifle big Tech, as they simply can't hang digitally with the US or China.

I say this with a smile on my face, with truly good intentions. If not a bit of sarcasm.

The above opinion …..written by the guy who couldn’t find the exit button…… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• You just have to get past the learning curve. I started out for a few months with NO rig manager. Now I use RM and profiler fluently.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• You just have to get past the learning curve. I started out for a few months with NO rig manager. Now I use RM and profiler fluently.

I'm just about there already.. I've scratch built DAWs after spec'ing them out so it's not a reach. I had read the manual and watched tutorials, but by having the kab I kicked into gear and learned how to use it.. I've got the OUPUT MENU's down pat and leave it set on KONE so I can dial thru IR's. Funny the main thing I struggle with was getting back to the RIg as I learned to use RIG MANAGER before the profiler. Without RIG MANAGER this would be a no go for me, I could see future kemper's with less buttons an more reliance on software.

The only fault I can see is there is not quite the tactile feel and sustain of a real MK5 or 5150.. but I can add in some slight delay or phase to compensate.

My ears are ringing a bit as I gave the kab a real run for 30 minutes.

• I'm just about there already.. I've scratch built DAWs after spec'ing them out so it's not a reach. I had read the manual and watched tutorials, but by having the kab I kicked into gear and learned how to use it.. I've got the OUPUT MENU's down pat and leave it set on KONE so I can dial thru IR's. Funny the main thing I struggle with was getting back to the RIg as I learned to use RIG MANAGER before the profiler. Without RIG MANAGER this would be a no go for me, I could see future kemper's with less buttons an more reliance on software.

The only fault I can see is there is not quite the tactile feel and sustain of a real MK5 or 5150.. but I can add in some slight delay or phase to compensate.

My ears are ringing a bit as I gave the kab a real run for 30 minutes.

I began to look at the Profiler as a "signal chain" instead of a traditional amp. Then it all made sense.

You can get tons of sustain and and even good feedback. It's just a matter of tweaking the profiles. You'll get there in no time.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I began to look at the Profiler as a "signal chain" instead of a traditional amp. Then it all made sense.

You can get tons of sustain and and even good feedback. It's just a matter of tweaking the profiles. You'll get there in no time.

today I had the pleasure of normalize profiles into my DAW.. it's a bit of a dance between Rig Volume/Master Volume/DAW In Box Gain and DAW Monitor Volume..

My only issue was the cab volume was too hot while recording.. will have to figure that out.

The best part is having not just multiple amps, but having a clean, semi broken, and driven Fender DLX so you can drap and drog the needed gain.. will be great if I ever play live in performance mode.

• You can disconnect the volumes for the main out vs the monitor. This way you have a fixed output level for the mains (which I want normally) and then adjust the monitor out like the "amp volume" for the Kone.

• You can disconnect the volumes for the main out vs the monitor. This way you have a fixed output level for the mains (which I want normally) and then adjust the monitor out like the "amp volume" for the Kone.

oh.. that is why I had no active volume on the kone b/c I didn’t disconnect the main out/monitor volumes. I’m now at the more you do the less you know level. I can at least use the main functionality at this point. Tiv, I will search for how to do this.

• External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I began to look at the Profiler as a "signal chain" instead of a traditional amp. Then it all made sense.

can you envision a time when IR’s are so plentiful and good that there will be nothing but direct profiles out there? I’ve been on many message boards, but this may be one of the few where guys literally know the product insanely well.. as you have to to record and esp play live.

in the big picture it’s s amazing to think what a a guy like jimmy page could have done with 4 profiled amps in a single song. The ability to go from a dlr clean, to broken, to laney overdrive without accidentally muting your rig is insane lolz.

It’s obvious this product has been refined to an nth degree from a company that is listening to its core users, there is no way this thing was this “dialed in” by the 2nd update. My purchase of the cab (sold a vht 5012 to gain space) seems to be a game changer.

I do notice startup is slow.. my guess is that more ram and an ssd drive could make this thing hum even better. The approach seems warranted, as guys are effectively using machines that were around since 2013. Contrast to apple who has changed their charging ports 3x since then. I would like to see a spruced up rig control pedal before I buy one..