Kemper Effects MIDI

• Hey Everyone,

I'm using a morningstar midi controller with my kemper. I have it programmed to toggle my effects accordingly (respectable cc value and 0 for off 1-127 for on). Is there anyway I can just do a button press and have it toggle the effect? I'm running into the issue where if I switch performances when I have delay on and the next one has delay off, I essentially have to hit the button twice. Once to get it back to off position on the midi controller to match what is on the kemper and then on again to actually activate. Any thoughts?

• Hey Everyone,

I'm using a morningstar midi controller with my kemper. I have it programmed to toggle my effects accordingly (respectable cc value and 0 for off 1-127 for on). Is there anyway I can just do a button press and have it toggle the effect? I'm running into the issue where if I switch performances when I have delay on and the next one has delay off, I essentially have to hit the button twice. Once to get it back to off position on the midi controller to match what is on the kemper and then on again to actually activate. Any thoughts?

For the MIDI CC #s corresponding to the individual effect modules A-REV value 0 means off and values 1-127 mean on - as you describe it.

CC #16 works differently, it toggels the on/off state of all effect modules together. Perhaps that helps for your application.

There are MIDI footcontrollers, which allow to resend the state of all their MIDI CC buttons following a MIDI PC. This is in order to align the main device to the current on/off state of the foot controller buttons. Exactly your issue. I guess, this is as good as it gets with standard MIDI one-way communication.

MIDI foot controller supporting the KEMPER bi-directional protocol like Uno4Kemper reflect the on/off state of all effect modules after a Rig load as is. The same applies to the Remote.