reverb "from the underground"

• Don't forget you can choose if the Spring Reverb is pre-post when in the Reverb slot. Frees up a stomp.

I could be wrong but I don’t think Pre/Post actually moves the Reverb in front of the amp. Rather it works like the Depay amd determines whether the mix control is before or after the input to the effect which determines how tails are treated.

 Mix Location Pre/Post

Determines whether the Mix control is positioned at the input (Pre) or the output (Post) of the delay. This option does not change the signal immediately, but it becomes relevant when the Mix control is morphed by a switch or pedal.

In the "Post” position, a change of the Mix control changes the output level of the delay, and thus will have an immediate impact to the delay tail when modified. In the "Pre” position, the delay tail will be unaffected by fast changes to Mix, which will control only the delay input level.

✓Mix Location is also relevant if you use the Grit parameter or the Infinity Feedback, as we'll see further below.

• :thumbup:

Had a feeling, but wasn't sure. Even the manual under Spring Reverb states "To authentically recreate this effect in the PROFILER, you should place the Spring Reverb before the amplifier."

If I'd bothered to look before now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

However - the pre/post selection *does* provide a noticable change. At least with the Spring algorithm, I like it in the Rev slot but set to pre. Post is just WAY too subtle.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• It's close. I'd say more ambient than that in the way the reverb tails off more slowly, plus maybe a cut in the mids so it falls back in the distance when in the mix.

Yeah, I'm sure it's also a different guitar. But I do think what OP wants is definitely possible.

• The entire mix sits further back, like a good live recording. But I still doubt you need a “full equipped studio”.
    As far as I know most Kemper profiles are close miced and it’s impossible to turn them into a room mic. But a reverb in front of the amp, some Space and concert hall reverb will get you there. Hi cut EQ and less mids will help as well. Stereo widener set to 0.7 works wonders, too.

• The entire mix sits further back, like a good live recording. But I still doubt you need a “full equipped studio”.
    As far as I know most Kemper profiles are close miced and it’s impossible to turn them into a room mic. But a reverb in front of the amp, some Space and concert hall reverb will get you there. Hi cut EQ and less mids will help as well. Stereo widener set to 0.7 works wonders, too.

I've been busy with the eq and experienced with cuttting highs and mids and even lows. But it doesn't get me there.

You mention putting the reverb in front of the amp. So putting it into the D-slot? Is this right ? Reverb is a "standalone" group, like the Delay group and IMHO put there for a reason...like the best and logical place (?)

• It depends on what sound you want. Reverb has a stronger effect in front of the amp. Imagine a reverb pedal with no FX loop and compare that to a reverb after the amp, like a plate reverb in a studio.

Reverb before the amp takes the entire effect into the amp section instead of just adding reverb to the output of that amp section.

• The original classic fender reverb tank went in front of the amp and the amp's natural compression had a massive impact on the reverb sound. To create a natural room like reverb it is normal to place the reverb last in the chain but the effect you linked too isn't a room or hall to my ears but more of an "effect".

If you want to make the reverb sit further away from the track try using the natural reverb and increasing the pre delay.

• I wonder if this kind of deep dark reverb (coming from deep down) is only possible in a sound studio or also with a live playing Powerhead and a cab.

I've tried several reverb types and tweakings but they all keep pretty close to the surface. What do you need to get a more natural reverb from the distance or from the deep like on this soundclip?

https://soundcloud.com/theplay…rom-the-underworld-reverb

if you have a nice studio setup.. the UAD Lexicon 224 and EMT 140 make you feel like you at Capitol Records

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/reverbs.html