Kemper Power Rack Weird Sound

• Hi

I have just purchased a used power rack and every profile sounds like a "woofy wah" type sound and also it seems like there is no initial string attack sound almost like a "swell" effect .

This is happening on both the main out to a PA speaker and also the speaker output to my guitar cab.

I have owned a power rack in the past and never had this issue before.

I have checked this with fx slots off and also the eq is set flat and it still sounds the same.

On the device information display it says release: 8.2.0.28009.

I don't have a new enough mac, pc or i pad to install the latest rig manager for this firmware version.

Any advice or suggestions would be welcome on how to sort this out

At the moment it is really unusable for me

Dave

• it seems to be the output filter (high cut/low cut) is set to a wired values.
    Use System Menu: INIT GLOBALS (recommended)

or a complete system factory reset ...
    You can reset to factory state by pushing soft button 1 (top left above display) before turning it on, keep it pushed and turn the KPA on.
    During the start still keep the button pushed. You now enter System/Booting Maintenance.
    There you can Init the Flash either with factory content or completely empty.

Be the force with you ;)

• Thanks for the replies guys. I will try that today.

I have actually now been able to update my computer so I can now install the latest rig manager to work with the firmware thats installed on the unit so thats going to be useful for me