Midi CC# changes with expression pedal choices

• Well, I have always been thrilled with my Kemper, and am amazed at how many wonderful free upgrades have been offered, over the years, as I bought my first one 8 yrs ago.

So, as I decided to have a second rig, with my newest Stage purchase, and I decided to use the Stage as my MIDI controller, for my Boss SY1000, which is an absolute killer combo, by the way. So I use two expression pedals into the Stage, and use both PC and CC changes to control my SY. Since I mostly use vol (cc#7) and wah (cc#1), these exp pedals are used in their natural inputs, to make things simpler. However, when on one patch, I decided to use wah to pitch settings, I could not get the pedal to control the pitch on my SY, as I kept trying to send CC#4 to the SY, but to no avail. Then I accidentally used CC#1 to control the SY pitch, and it worked!!!

So, my request, I believe, would be helpful to many, if implemented, for the CC# sent via MIDI to automatically change when wah to pitch is selected, which I erroneously assumed it would. So, if you select wah to pitch, the CC# output will also change from CC#1 to CC#4. It may not be a very crucial addition, but would be helpful when using the stage as a MIDI controller, as I spent a couple of hours troubleshooting, before I stumbled onto the solution. Thanks again for an incredible piece of ever evolving gear!!!

• Thanks for your encouraging feedback!

I don't see a straight forward solution for your issue. One of the purposes of the functions UI to MIdI and Pedals to MIDI is that two PROFILERs (let's call them slave and master) behave the same with equal settings. If you configure a Wah Pedal and activate WahPedal to Pitch at the master, it actually controls both simltaneously: wah effects and pitch effects currently active. And if you send the wah controller CC#1 to a slave PROFILER, which has WahPedal to Pitch equally activated, it will do the same at the slave: control wah and pitch effects simulataneously. If just CC #4 would be sent, wah effects at the slave would not follow, only pitch effects would.

The only solution I see is using a dedicated expression pedal as a pitch pedal sending just CC# 4.