Deluxe 65 re-issue dirty

• Thanks for the profiles!

What does "captor" in the tags mean? Two Notes Torpedo captor maybe?

I really like the cab section of the profiles, so it would be nice to know how you did them?

Sounds really big despite the small Jensen speaker in the tag.

• Thanks for the profiles!

What does "captor" in the tags mean? Two Notes Torpedo captor maybe?

I really like the cab section of the profiles, so it would be nice to know how you did them?

Hey Ibot39 , Yes this was captured without a cabinet in fact. I ended up going straight into the Two Notes Torpedoes Captor 8 right into the Kemper, but I did use their speaker simulator set to 'gtr'.

The other interesting thing about this profile is I used a 'bucking transformer' I got one of those Vintage Workbench 'Tone Preserver' boxes. What it does is it allows you to reduce the line voltage to the amp. In this case I ran it at about 109 volts, based on the led meter. This is important because older tube amps weren't really meant to run at full 120 volts ( like we have in North America ). The tubes and circuit run closer to their intended spec. It ended up sounding a little sweeter as a result. What I noticed is, you run the amp at full 120 v, it gets more bold, but it gets a bit harsher sounding too. The plan was to get a sweet overdrive sound.

So this is a Deluxe re-issue run at 109 volts with a Captor load box right into Kemper with no speaker. ( I didn't really want to admit that in case some people might get put off by not having mic's in front before trying it out ) ;)

cheers,

David

• ... I ended up going straight into the Two Notes Torpedoes Captor 8 right into the Kemper, but I did use their speaker simulator set to 'gtr'...

So the cab is basically an analog simulation of the Marshall Slash Signature 4×12″ with Celestion V30 speaker with a SM57 then (="gtr" setting=based on Two Notes Brit VintC 4x12).

Being a Marshall 4x12 not a 10" Jensen totally explains why it sounds that big ?

• Thanks for this!!

It’s funny you used a 412 with the Captor.

I often use a Deluxe Reverb profile with a Marshall 412 with v30s in the cab section.

Ginormous.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche