Pedalboard for Kemper Remote - Help!

• Hey guys, recently got a Kemper Remote and Mission EP1-KP for it and while I love the Remote, I'm having a nightmare trying to find a workable, portable pedalboard solution for it.

I got a flight case which is the right size (with room for an additional expression pedal if I decide to upgrade later) and tried using the super-strong hook-and-loop tape to fix the remote and EP1-KP to the roof of the case, so I can take it to practice, pop the lid off and be ready to go.

However... The tape sticks firmly to the bottom of the pedals, but won't stick to the flight case, meaning that every time I transport it the Remote and the EP1-KP shift around inside the case and I open it to find them out of position. I think I need to get/build an actual pedalboard like a Rockboard or a Pedaltrain so that the Remote will stick to it properly, but surely that'll just shift around inside the flight case as well unless I figure out some way to attach it to the interior of the case??

I've never had a pedalboard before (used a Behringer FCB1010 previously and just popped it into a gig bag for transport) so I'm sorry if there's a very simple answer for this, but I can't find anything online. Any recommendations for boards/cased that are the right size for a Kemper Remote and 2 expression pedals and more importantly, won't move all over the place when I transport them?!

• No need to buy a board.

Simplest solution to me would be a piece of wood cut to fit the inside of the case. Mount the remote and EP1 to that, maybe put a handle on it to pickup/put down. Or, leave it in the case and just remove the top. Everything in the same place every time.

If you want to get tricky, find a cabinet shop to make it and have them cover it in black laminate. Something like that is dead-simple for them.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Been there brother and that's annoying. Not sure what your "super-strong hook-and-loop tape" is, but I'd still try some good, wide, industrial grade 3M velcro both on the pedal and the top of your lid (even maybe put small screws + washers through the velcro on the lid side so that it doesn't un-stick), and then cut yourself a big piece of foam/pillow to put over your stuff so that when it's closed, nothing moves inside. Good luck.

That being said, despite all the complaints against the official Kemper bag (if you have a toaster), mine is still going strong after 4/5 years of decent use. The remote +2 pedals fits well inside and it's certainly the lightest alternative.

• Been there brother and that's annoying. Not sure what your "super-strong hook-and-loop tape" is, but I'd still try some good, wide, industrial grade 3M velcro both on the pedal and the top of your lid (even maybe put small screws + washers through the velcro on the lid side so that it doesn't un-stick), and then cut yourself a big piece of foam/pillow to put over your stuff so that when it's closed, nothing moves inside. Good luck.

This is the tape: https://www.stringsdirect.co.u…&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=

Very strong, but just doesn't seem to stick to the slightly carpety interior of the flightcase! I'll give the screws/washers some thought, I'm just a bit wary about screwing into the case and potentially ruining it...

• This is the basic idea I'm suggesting:

Unknown.jpg

Also - if the interior is somewhat like carpet, I've had decent luck using regular velcro's hook side adhering to the carpet. Hook side on the pedal.....straight on to the carpet.

You'll never get an adhesive to adhere to anything but a smooth, flat surface.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hi, Stefan, my ground Setup Would be exactly the Same☺️. So, you ordered a Custom „Thon“ case plus foam ? Did you cut the foam yourself ?

Greetings, Karl

Hi Karl, exactly. Thon Custom II plus something around 12€ for the foam. I used a „carpet knife“ for cutting it out. I hoped that Thomann would do that for me but they didn‘t. Anyway you can put the cables underneath and it fits quite nice. You can also reorder the foam.