Electrical surge in External Effects Loop caused my Profiler to reboot mid-song...

• First-timer here. I've just been soaking up all of the expert info and experiences as a lurker until I had something legitimate to post. Using the PowerHead toaster with foot controller and 4 external effects (Boss PS-5, Digitech iStomp, Morley Mini Dragon way and an Amptweaker Tight Fuzz Jr.). Oh, and I've performed the most recent OS update.

Anyway, the other night at practice I bumped my external effects loop pedals (my iStomp is very susceptible to power jack jiggle which can cause a loud "pop" when it's taken a hit) and it caused what I could only guess was a jolt of electricity that travelled back into the Profiler!! This immediately caused a reboot of sorts, however, only the Kemper foot controller went "dark" like it does when it boots up, but the profiler still had its full light show going despite no sound coming out. Once the song was over, the damn thing finally finished its boot up and I could continue.

Has anyone else ever experienced this, and is this something I need to have looked at? One thing I do know is that I'm going to have to secure that power jack on my iStomp to avoid any future spikes/shocks to the system.

Thanks for any advice and/or help you Kemper cats can provide!

Sincerely,

Craig S.

Ps. I can only access this forum from home after work, so I'll have to get back to you if you have any questions.

• Hi, Craig.

Welcome to the community. Just replying to say, "Hi".

I don't have any idea about the "reboot of sorts", so I won't prattle on about that - except to say - "I'm going to have to secure that power jack on my iStomp to avoid any future spikes/shocks to the system." ? Fix that before you connect it to your Profiler again.

Here's the first-timer, welcome package.

? Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides ?

? Rig Manager Download and Documentation ??

? Kemper Tutorials & Demos (videos) ?

? Before you buy Commercial Rigs and Profiles check out the Rig Manager for Rig Packs and Rig Exchange

? Kemper FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Download Main Manual 8.5 English

Cheers!

ST

• I'd guess you caused the KPA to go into some sort of protection mode.

I'd submit a support ticket describing the issue and see what they say. Everything here is most likely going to be guesswork at best.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I'd guess you caused the KPA to go into some sort of protection mode.

I'd submit a support ticket describing the issue and see what they say. Everything here is most likely going to be guesswork at best.

Go figure on WTH happened. I just hope it didn't do any real damage to the unit.

And yes, I'll submit a ticket so at the very least they'll be aware of what happened. Thanks for the helpful info!