Mixing help needed.

• I'm on my 6th version of the mix. I boosted the bass again to where it was too boomy and started to cut it incrementally to where it would render decently on regular speakers without distorting them. Each iteration gets me closer. Thanks!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Why do so many metal guitarists believe in the scoop the mids to get a good metal tone? A guitar is a midrange instrument. If you want the guitar to cut thru a mix you need midrange and not cut it. The net is full of bad mixing advices. If you need to EQ everything a lot that means you didn't get it right at the source and EQ won't be a magic trick to solve the problem. Fix it in the mix is another myth and another bad advice.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I'm on my 6th version of the mix. I boosted the bass again to where it was too boomy and started to cut it incrementally to where it would render decently on regular speakers without distorting them. Each iteration gets me closer. Thanks!

You need to stop right now or you will never be satisfied. Let it be. You can always come back again at a later time when you have progressed and do a better mix. I know, I've been there too. Mixing and mixing and mixing the same song and hope the next mix will be perfect. Release it now and let us hear the track. ;)

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• You need to stop right now or you will never be satisfied. Let it be. You can always come back again at a later time when you have progressed and do a better mix. I know, I've been there too. Mixing and mixing and mixing the same song and hope the next mix will be perfect. Release it now and let us hear the track. ;)

It's okay. I am learning a lot. For my 8th version :)... I removed all the post EQ settings and started over. :P

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.