Rotary speaker /routing question

• I'm guessing it wouldn't be preferred to use this as a stomp...

I read in the manual: By engaging the Rotary Speaker on an amp and cabinet sound that you like, you turn your cabinet into a rotary cabinet

It doesn't read anything about it in the manual but I'm guessing this effect is pretty important to use in the Effects section and not the Stomp section? Otherwise it would be sending a Leslie cabinet sound into the front of the amp which in the real world would be difficult but not impossible to do. Then the leslie sound would be affected by any effects after.

• I use it both in the Stomps and Effects sections. Sometimes it ends up where it ends up only because that's my last open position. I have found that the Rotary Speaker doesn't change as much in the before versus after the Amp block positions as something like the Chorus. Chorus before and Chorus after have a much greater sonic change to my ears and I position them based on what I am looking for. Try it in both locations and see what you think. Putting it in the Stomps section would be similar to having a really good Leslie pedal in front of your amp and many of them sound really good.

• I'm not much of a pedal person so I didn't notice there were Leslie pedals! I usually prefer modulations pre amp unless I need a strong pronounced effect. Normally I want modulations to blend so I have always preferred pre. My bass player is a piano/organ tech and has 2 leslies in the room where we practice so I am well aware of how they sound. I just don't think you could get that same sound using a pedal before a distorted amp, it would be more like a wobbly chorus or something. A leslie has this swooping, kinda scary sound like things are flying around you! I was messing with it, and thought it was as accurate as you could get from a device vs. the real thing. There's a lot of complex stuff that goes on with a Leslie but unless you have a crew to move one around. I'd definitely go with a sim. It's tricky to mic them so they sound like the leslie in the room so to me, it's not worth dragging one around live.

• Wow I was using my Les Paul Custom With /13 amp, spring reverb (set to pre) and the rotary speaker in a stomp and it was absolutely fantastic! I copied the same effect in a post amp FX slot to A/B and didn't like it as well. As usual instead of all the wonder, If I just tried both, my favorite will be apparent even if it goes against what I thought it should be!