Clock setup error....again

• Hi

I've been going mad trying to figure out a fix for the clock setup error message appearing everytime on startup and reboot. It happened before I updated it and its still happening again after the update. I'm on 8.2.2

Anyone know a fix for this? It's driving my OCD insane lol!

Help!

• This happened to me as well.

I have a 2015/2016 Toaster and Kemper support is suggesting repair.

• It has happened to a LOT of us all recently. I have a profiler Stage bought in december. I filed a service ticket but am not in a hurry to send it back as I am 99% sure it is firmware related. And also I don't have the original box... nor a box big enough to send it back in.

• Please assume, that our support team doesn't suggest servicing the unit under warranty at our expense for no reason.

You have a way with words Burkhard :|

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Ok so an update….. prepare yourself.

contacted Kemper and support operator suggests an issue with the clock module or battery and needs to be replaced. So… I contacted distributor and they were obviously more than happy to exchange the unit for another brand new one. This is where my mind is blown…. After going through 4 units at the warehouse, all of 3 had the same clock setup error popping up after every reboot. I did the same the I did to my unit i.e factory reset etc and it still didn’t fix it. The 4th unit didn’t have the issue but for some reason it was glitchy and buggy as all hell so I definitely didn’t want to walk away with that unit either. I just couldn’t believe 3 of the 4 units had the same issue. Wow!…. So now i have to wait for the next shipment of the stage to do a swap which is next month!

Fml!

• Could I have some information about the clock battery replacement procedure?

I have a brand new unit with this issue and kemper has advised that I need to send it back for repair. It's 4-6 weeks turnaround time, so I really don't want to be without the unit for that long. I'm sure that I can handle a battery swap.

If someone can confirm that this will fix the issue and how to go about doing it, I'd be really appreciative.

Thanks. ?

• Hi, Plantsoma.

It's better that you get that information directly from Kemper. You want to ensure that whatever you do now does not jeopardize your warranty.

Also, 4-6 weeks? Is that what Kemper told you it would take? Maybe they can find a way to do better than that.

• I'm in Canada and shipped to Colorado USA. It landed in less than a week, got fixed the same day and was shipped the next day. It is expected to land back here this Friday. Total of 2 weeks.

• New Stage out of the box today from Sweetwater, won't retain clock settings. Updated to version 8.5.8, same issue. Even leaving the power cable plugged in, it's losing the date and time between boots.

I had a Stage at launch that had this problem, I thought this was fixed LONG ago. :cursing: