Clock setup error....again

• Following too.

This seems to be a common issue lately and I'm very curious about it.

I haven't had this problem (yet). And I hope I don't encounter it.

If it is/was just a bad "batch", I'd like to think that the Kemp Kamp knows which serial numbers are involved.

If it's a random occurrence, then it is even more concerning.

• FWIW, my brand new Stage from Sweetwater that has this problem shipped with OS 7.5 on it. In another thread someone mentioned their new Stage shipped with OS 8.x on it, so I'm not sure this is a "batch" issue.

Also, my Stage turns on when I plug in the IEC plug. I thought OS 7.1.3 changed that behavior (which was the OS level that I was having similar Clock errors with a previous Stage unit). Is this the default behavior?

• Also, my Stage turns on when I plug in the IEC plug. I thought OS 7.1.3 changed that behavior (which was the OS level that I was having similar Clock errors with a previous Stage unit). Is this the default behavior?

The Stage returns to the power state it was in when the AC power is removed.

Examples:
    If the Stage is ON and I remove the IEC plug (or unplug it or turn off the power bar), when I restore the power, the Stage turns ON.

If the Stage is OFF and I remove the IEC plug (or unplug it or turn off the power bar), when I restore the power, the Stage remains OFF, until I press the power button.

• The Stage returns to the power state it was in when the AC power is removed.

Examples:
    If the Stage is ON and I remove the IEC plug (or unplug it or turn off the power bar), when I restore the power, the Stage turns ON.

If the Stage is OFF and I remove the IEC plug (or unplug it or turn off the power bar), when I restore the power, the Stage remains OFF, until I press the power button.

Thank you for sharing your behavior!

Mine runs exactly like my early unit(s) prior to 7.1.3 did - plugging in the IEC turns the Stage on, regardless of the state prior to removing the IEC plug.

• Thank you for sharing your behavior!

Mine runs exactly like my early unit(s) prior to 7.1.3 did - plugging in the IEC turns the Stage on, regardless of the state prior to removing the IEC plug.

Mine does the same thing since I started having the clock setting error. Before that happened, it operated as the other poster stated. It defaulted to last state before IEC power was disconnected

• Bought a stage in April.

Had this problem day one.

Then not having it anymore with one update

Now it’s back since the latest update.

Each time when it’s plugged to the computer with rig manager open.

Also have some random freeze of the unit while browsing profiles in rig manager.

so I think it’s a software issue, but it’s a software issue that really need to be solved!

I’m a little upset that some piece of gear promoted by « it’s the top of the world premium-pro-ultimate-sound » that cost 1600€ have problems that a line6 pod x3 live never had.

• Same issue as many here. "Clock setup error" and the date needs to be re-set every time I start the Kemper Stage.

This is quite anouying. I don't know what issues other than not having the right date and time makes, but if the time setup is used to verify what change has been the lates, the one on my rig manager or the one on the Kemper Stage, then I am a bit worried. I haven't used the Rig Manger since the issue occured in fear of loosing all asjustments I have made when playing with my band.

So I have two questions:

1. Can Kemper Support come with an official statement about the issue, the causes and the mitigating actions?

2. Does the lack of the sate setting affect anything related to back-up or syncronisation with rig manager?

• 2. Does the lack of the sate setting affect anything related to back-up or syncronisation with rig manager?

When you don't setup your clock, your back-ups will be saved, but a wrong date will be shown. (i thought 1900 but i'm not sure).

When connecting your kemper with rig manager, i noticed rig manager will setup your clock automatically to the current date and time.

• Same Issue here....

Do you have to take it apart to change the battery? And if so, does it void any type of warranty?

• They have said if you open the unit to replace the battery it voids the warranty. Their words are there are no user serviceable parts inside... except the battery is in a battery holder so it can be easily replaced which kind of negates their argument... and I doubt if sued they would win this argument based off the use of a battery holder versus soldering the battery to the board. But that is their current viewpoint...