RM On iPad

• Do I need the Kemper system to be higher than 8.2.2.28378 for the iPad rig manager to work? That appears to be the newest one though I keep getting this message:

"Profiler requires a software update. The currently installed version is not compatible with this rig manager."

Edited once, last by rkaynan ().

• I got it to work. I had to use the camera app and scan the WIFI logo on the Stage unit. First start RM and then the camera app, when you scan the WIFI logo with camera app (Logo is in System), it will ask if you want to join the network. Click join, it will take a few seconds. It works, but if you shut down, you'll have to do it all over again.

The App is really new and needs some work. Its kinda like Rig Manager Jr. at this point. I’m sure it will improve over time.

• I'm excited about the iPad version of Rig manager. I agree with Tallen that the app feels really new, and needs some refining. But I'm optimistic. A few observations:

• I was looking forward to using the Home Network Mode. Unfortunately it depends on your router having WPS capability. I have Eero routers, and unfortunately their website says that "...eero doesn’t support WEP, WPA, or WPS, as these protocols are known to be insecure." So that relegates me to the Access Point Mode.
    • Access Point Mode works fine, except that it requires going through a setup procedure that requires using the camera to read a QR code displayed on the Kemper display every time it is used. This is somewhat annoying, but unavoidable, given that there is no alternative if you don't have WPS.
    • More annoying is that when the iPad goes to sleep or locks in Access Point Mode, you have to re-link the iPad to the Kemper using the camera/QR code dance. To avoid this, set your iPad's Auto Lock to "never." But it is easy to forget to do that when you start a session, so this can be annoying. However, it is possibly correctable by Kemper. I know that other apps (Amplitube comes to mind) automatically disables the sleep/lock function when you are in the app. Kemper would be well-advised to add that feature. I'm going to add this to the Feature Requests thread.
    • When you use Access Point Mode, your iPad disconnects from your WiFi network so it can join the Kemper "private network." So the iPad basically becomes a dedicated rig editing device, and useless for any other purpose that requires internet access until you terminate your Kemper session. This is unfortunate, but probably not correctable, since you can't have an iPad on two networks at once.