Precision parameter adjustment difficulty

• I’m sure this discussion had been covered before…

I often find it nigh on impossible to get an exact value on certain parameter settings. Possibly a regular annoyance if you have a touch of the OCD.

Does anyone know how to get precise control of Kpa parameters with fine value-adjustment, such as cut-off frequency, etc?

I find that using the encoder knobs, the smallest tweak is never small enough to +/- the steps i aim for on the display.

I challenge anyone to be able to set something like the a chosen frequency to, let’s say, exactly 3000Hz. Best i can get on a good shot is 3001.4 or 2999.7 ( you get the idea)

Maybe there’s a button to press and hold for ultra fine precision? I don’t know of one (talking kpa here, not rig manager).

I sometimes find, too, that the encoder knobs lags on their first adjustment as of the kpa is waiting for input to focus and await the new value input.

any tips to share on this?

• On RM you can use shift.
    on the stage I try to be as precise as possible but it’s so painful lol.

I’m also the kind of guy that want to set a frequency at 1000 and not 1002 lol.

• appreciate the comments, guys.

Im aware that very few of us can tell the difference between 2990Hz and 3010Hz so why offer such small and in-perceivable increments? Would it not be better to work in larger, more “manageable” steps of say 10Hz increments rather than 0.1Hz that has no real-life practical application? The ability to have such fine resolution is a credit to the designers but why have such a fine scale if it’s inaccessible?

to be fair, i’ve had my kpa many years now and being a plug-n-play user this is only an annoyance when i plunge into an editing session.

• this drives me NUTS - parameter adjustment on the Stage is horrid. Rig manager is equally painful.

Despite there being large numbers of people complaining about this for ages, Kemper seems to be ignoring what should be a very simple thing to fix.

• this drives me NUTS - parameter adjustment on the Stage is horrid. Rig manager is equally painful.

Despite there being large numbers of people complaining about this for ages, Kemper seems to be ignoring what should be a very simple thing to fix.

Why is RM equally painful? Are you using the shift key for fine tuning?

Definitely agree with other requests for the ability to just key in values in RM but by using the shift option it is easy at present just not as good a workflow as I would like.

• because at rehearsal, on a laptop next to me, using one hand, shift key is impossible. Why there isn't a preferences option to just turn on the 'shift' function permanently baffles me. It's like the developers of the interface don't actually use it day to day.

• was thinking, a valid counter-argument (that I’d expect to receive from Kemper and some users) is that a “traditional amp” has a crude gauge with marks from 1-10 where we rely on our ears more than our eyes. I agree (to a point) but then, as mentioned in the earlier thread, why give us 0.1 steps on visual-scale if we can’t access these steps? How about a visual representation of typical knob like the led collar on the encoders as an approximate indicator?

again, I’m not complaining (oh yes you are i hear you say) just commenting on something that may lead to more frustration than it does productivity if you’re so inclined to seek precision or accuracy in a quest to instil the confidence needed for performing, which is the ultimate achievement i think we all desire.

Next subject- the psychology of performing. Who wants to start that one….?=O