Ambient album recorded with Kemper

• Released an album today with a friend, a guitar/synth duo playing ambient/electronic music. Everything was recorded live in the studio with the Kemper and mostly improvised. Making good use of delays/reverbs.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Very cool project! I'm listening now on Amazon Music. Well done and a pleasure to listen to.

Kemper Stage Profiler - Kemper Powered Kabinet - Mission Expression Pedal - PRS CU22 - Strats out the wazoo 8)

• Great stuff, man.

Coincidentally, I recently posted asking if anyone here was doing New Age music or if that was just the realm of keyboardists. Clearly it's not, although I guess these days it goes by ambient since New Age is probably a dated term.

Very cool, hope it does well for you!

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Great stuff, man.

Coincidentally, I recently posted asking if anyone here was doing New Age music or if that was just the realm of keyboardists. Clearly it's not, although I guess these days it goes by ambient since New Age is probably a dated term.

Very cool, hope it does well for you!

Thanks! I'm not super knowledgeable about the genre, or if this is even considered ambient, but the Kemper is very useful when going for these types of guitar sounds.

• AFAICT it is ambient, Torstein.

I group albums in this category into 3 sub-genres - dark, electronic and nature and that seems to work OK for me.

Examples:

Dark

Devin Townsend-Devlab

Devin Townsend-The Hummer

Electronic

All India Radio

Benge (Ben Edwards)

Boards of Canada

Carbon Based Lifeforms

Cathode

Flotel

Holkham

Jean-Michel Jarre (some of his stuff)

Lambent

Maps and Diagrams

Miller + Fiam

Modern Institute

Monoceros

myrakaru

Oblong Origamibiro

Orla Wren (Tui)

pq

Sovacusa

Stellardrone

Vessel

vs_price

Nature - I put outdoor recordings of nature here, like:

Voices of the Earth-Rain Forest

Voices of the Earth-Whales & Dolphins

At any rate, none of this stuff is like New Age as I remember it - corny sustained chords and super-basic, slow progressions, if any. Part of the main thrust of New Age was / is? to not be too-interesting, hence why I don't consider it to be like the electronic ambient genre, which is kinda all about being interesting in a mellow way, with evolving soundscapes' being critical for maintaining interest.