Yamaha THR30 II

• Since I bought it, I rarely power on my Kemper.

Since I bought it, I don't mess with settings, I just play.

Since I bought it, my playing got better within one year, that within XY years with all modelers.

Since I bought it, I'm not looking for best for profile for X Y Z style, I just enjoy playing.

It has immense sound for it's size. Put some hi-gain, turn gain and master, set volume to more than "allowed", turn around, close your eyes, and play - it doesn't seem to be that third amp. It roars.

The clean sound that I get, I never got on Kemper (I always had studio monitors with Kemper). It's so 3D.

I can quickly play backing track using Bluetooth on it and play along to it - this is how I learned blues within one year. I play now with my eyes closed.

It is also battery powered, so you can take it with you wherever - friend, hotel, beach - however haven't used it yet. But still you can take it to other room.

It looks so sweet :P

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Kemper, it's with me for over 9 years .

But I have never felt "tubiness" or amp-in-the-room. I had unpowered Kabinet with TC Electronic BAM200 and FRYETTE PS2 - didn't get with it.

I have no intention of selling Kemper. Or maybe I should... this is not that important now however, because:

Now I enjoy playing guitar, no more frustration, no more "it doesn't sound good", no more putting away guitar, when my heart wants to play.

This is the best piece of gear, that I ever bought. Except this lovely PGM300 off course 8o

• Cameron Cooper seems to love his. I've heard no bad reviews on them at all. I wouldn't mind getting one for light travel during vacation time.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• When I'm in the mood - I run the Profiler Stage headphone output to the Yamaha THRII 30 Aux input.

It sounds great in a small room.

I also got a Positive Grid Spark out of curiosity. I much prefer the Yamaha THRII 30.

• The THRs are great for just practicing in any spare moment or playing whatever is on your mind. Instant on, leave it on one sound and just woodshed tunes or lines or whatever you are working on.

It sounds acceptable at very quiet volumes - you could have a baby asleep in the next room and still practice without cans. The freedom of wireless is great too - that is something the newer THR IIs offer.

I wonder if Kemper will offer built in wireless at some stage. Built in wireless input and output supporting in ear monitors would be fantastic.

• I was looking for a travel practice amp. This is a good option, but the price, $USD 500, is quite higher than other solutions in this range like Boss Katana line up: Head MkII with speaker included $350., combo from $239, Katana Air $412.

Finally I decided to go for the Waza Air headphones $420, great wireless experience.

I don’t know if Yamaha THR30II’s sound is superior to what Boss is delivering. Have you compared both products before your purchase decision?

• Hi, I haven't compared Waza Air headphones to THR30II. Anyway, I wouldn't compare headphones and closed sound to ambient amp sound. Whatever works for you is fine Syntek.

The benefit that THR30 has over Boss Katana and alike, is the stereo music streaming by bluetooth. This was main selling point for me.

I had VOX Adio few years back - co comparison for me. Yamaha sounds fuller . Not mentioning that VOX looks like old granny's purse ;)

Yes it is pricey, but I don't regret money spent. Because I play it everyday.

• I picked one up for when I want to play out on the front deck or even out in the yard. As for tone, personally I don't feel that it's anywhere near my profiler, but it's fine for my purposes.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I picked one up for when I want to play out on the front deck or even out in the yard. As for tone, personally I don't feel that it's anywhere near my profiler, but it's fine for my purposes.

The profiler itself produces no sound, Yamaha THR30II does it. How do you amplify/monitor your profiler, so that Yamaha is nowhere near the profiler? For me I get better impression with Yamaha, profiler now plays through 4" JBL monitors/speakers.

• The profiler itself produces no sound, Yamaha THR30II does it. How do you amplify/monitor your profiler, so that Yamaha is nowhere near the profiler? For me I get better impression with Yamaha, profiler now plays through 4" JBL monitors/speakers.

When I run the THR through my mixer (exactly as I do my profiler) I get some nice tones. However, it's not as satisfying as my favorite Kemper rigs. There's also minimal flexibility when playing. With my profiler stage I can morph between rhythm and lead tones, and can turn stomps/effects on/off as I play. The THR is great for what I bought it for, but when I'm in my studio or playing live, the profiler is easily my choice.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer