Am I missing what should be an obvious feature in the Rig Manager Editor? Help!

• First, full disclosure. I just connected my KPA PowerRack to my PC for the very first time, last night...despite owning my Kemper since 2015.

However, I am not a luddite. :)

I have previously been content in operating my KPA like a traditional amp, i.e. manually adjusting it from the front control panel. I did all updates, backup and loading of rigs via a USB thumb drive. In any event, I have finally gotten around to wishing to use the editor, built in to Rig Manager.

I have also read and familiarized myself with the most up-to-date Rig Manager User Manual.

Question --> When using Rig Manager Editor, and once you have loaded a Rig into the edit buffer (double-clicking) and begin modifying/editing it (e.g., changing Cabs, adjusting parameters in the Reverb block, etc.), is there any simple way to COMPARE it to the original, unedited Rig?

I was hoping that the Editor allowed such a feature, and the ability to rapidly toggle back and forth between the original (saved) preset/rig, and the current iterated state of the edited/modified rig.

Cheers,

John

• Not simple but make a compare folder in RM. Before editing drag the original rig to this folder. Make your changes. Drag again to the compare folder. Click back and forth to compare.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hey Brother John,

Hopefully it'd be a "simple" matter of doubling the size of the edit buffer / allowing 2 Rigs to reside therein in order to implement a compare feature.

I'd be all-for-it, especially 'cause the synths I've used over the past 37 years forced one to make do with toggling an undo button that applied to a single parameter only. Some of the more-recent synths may have finally gone beyond this I suspect, but at any rate I'm just suggesting that this M.O. has been the historical norm in the synth world at least.