Ability to assign the master volume knob to the volume of certain rigs or performances

• I guess, this is related to the PROFILER Stage, which offers a MASTER VOLUME knob, while Rig Volume has to be adjusted within Rig settings.

If the MASTER VOLUME knob of the Stage could be changed into a Rig Volume knob, then the output volumes would need to be adjusted within the Output Section. From my perspective having a dedicated MASTER VOLUME knob makes more sense as all output settings are global by design. If you intend to adjust individual Rig Volumes and want to make these adjustments stick, you need more manual internvention anyhow (press STORE, select Replace....). So the gain of a dedicated Rig Volume knob is relatively small. It just takes one more click tp opemn Rig Settings.

• Burkhard

Related. Maybe should have been it’s own thread, maybe not.

I would like a software solution for the following situation. The ability to control the mastervolume of selected performances at once.

What i am doing now is having a boost pedal in the fx loop in all rigs that are lead sounds. That way i can adjust the volume of all leadsounds according to the situation. At once. If you play in a trio you do not need as much boost as if playing in more dense band situations. And to be honest, i feel like i am wasting the x slot away on a simple boost. Not to mention the send return. (I play a kemper rack unit).

So my suggestion is this: Since there are knobs i never ever use (in my case the reverb and delay parameter knobs in the top right) it would be great if i could use one of them as a “performance master volume”. Make it possible to assign the overall volume of selected performances to one single knob. This should be post stack but pre the last efx section (because of the delay trails when switching performances)

For me that would free the x slot, and do away with one stage of DA AD conversion. And i would finally be able to play stereo in my onstage cabs.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Edited once, last by Kim_Olesen ().

• I am already using the volume pedal for all my rhythm sounds. You know for cases when you need to be up just a bit, but not quite lead.

And for lead sounds i do not want that control to be at the feet. I hate fiddling with my feet in the important bars of a solo (the start of the solo). Also, a slip of the foot on a sound that is already loud is uncomfortable for everyone else. Audience and fellow band members alike.

On a regular pedal board, you have your one knob on the lead boost pedal. Since that is your only lead boost, what you do with that knob applies to all sounds. So simple. If it is too quiet/loud you bend down and adjust it. That is essentially what i ask for. And the knob circled in the picture does exactly that.

I have all my rhythm sounds organized in rhythm performances and lead sounds organized in lead performances.

The thing is, for scenarios like i am describing, i need INSTANT access. Not to go into menus and storing. See the picture. That knob adjust the volume of 20 leadsounds at once, independently of the volume pedal, which i use as a flexibility-tool for rhythm sounds. That way the volume of my rhythm sounds does not reset when i’ve used a lead sound.

(The thingy to the right of the “leadvolume gadget”) is to allow the flexibility to turn down lead sounds in my inear setup, incase too big a level gap between rhythm and lead is needed. Sometimes what is needed in the PA, and what is needed in the ears is not the same)

• I guess, your request isn't related to Master Volume nor to Rig Volume. Master Volume controls the linked output volumes globally and Rig Volume controls volume by Rig for example to make a solo sound louder than a rhythm sound. Both volumes are required. You seem to be looking for a third volume: Performance Volume.

I don't understand the "business case" for this. Assuming your Performances are well prepared volume wise. I understand scenarios, where suddenly during a gig one has to increase or decrese volume globally e.g. drummer plays a bigger drum set. That's what Master Volume does. I also imagine, that one intends to adjust a particular sound in a particular musical scene as it seems too loud or not loud enough for the mix. That's Rig Volume.

But what is suddenly causing an entire Performance being too loud or not loud enough while the other Performances are still ok?

• I’ll try to be simple. I am at a gig. The soundguy asks me if i can make the difference between lead or rhythm more/less. I turn ONE knob, and ALL of my lead sounds are adjusted accordingly. Soundguy, happy, everybody happy.

And since i play many gigs with many different musicians, i can’t really know in advance how many db of difference is needed. Adjustment on the fly is required.

But i’ll leave it be and never request this again. And be a less happy kemper user than i could be.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.