Powered Kemper rack w/ remote or Kemper stage

• Powered Kemper rack w/ remote or Kemper stage

If it was the same price which would you go with…

here is the second piece… I would then

Buy a either a Kemper Kab or a Kemper powered Kab …

I am leaning towards the powered Kemper …

Because it has a few options… like using a regular Kab if I wanted…

Thanks

• I’d choose the Powerrack and Remote.

Use any cabinet and way more options for protecting/carrying.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hi, Ccunningham99.

How will you be using the Profiler?

Live on stage (solo or in a band) with frequent transport, set-up/tear-down, might need iPad to RigManager control

In a studio - relatively permanent setup, proper acoustic treatment for the room, play as loud as you like, primary use case - recording.

At home - permanent or temporary setup, untreated room, have to keep it quiet

If all of the above, what percentage of the time applies to each setting?

Do you play/monitor/track in stereo or mono?

Do you use stereo effects?

Do you value the iPad wireless capability with the Kemper Stage or willing to set up a few extra components to make it work with the Rack or Head?

Do you use fuzzes?

Déjà vu? Buying a second Kemper... have toaster and remote would you buy a used stage or used rack?

• I have the powerrack with remote and Kabinet.

If I had to start again, I'd do the same!

As mentioned, depends on your use case. I do that because I play 95% live and I like to option to be able to plug into any cab if needed, so I'm never caught out.

• there are pros and cons to both

I have Power Head and Remote and am happy with that. If doing it afain I might go Power Rack and Remote but the head is just so sexy a design ?

My reasons?

I hate having power and lots of cables running to the front of stage.

I am not keen on the all in one format.

The stage is too big to really be a throw it the gig bag solution anyway so if I was to go all in one I would probably choose something else.

I like the flexibility and clean simple format of having a power amp built in to cover all bases. I use it a lot with a Kabinet and have used it with traditional cabs where they are available without the need to carry a cab myself.

Downsides to my rig?

Only mono poweramp (doesn’t bother me but might be important to some)

No built in wifi option for using iPad app (again doesn’t bother me as I actually like the physical amp like UI)

Stage has an extra FX Loop. (I don’t even use the on I have so no big deal but again might be an issue for you)

My old Head can’t automatically switch from SPDIF master to slave like the Stage and newer Head/Rack can.

Mine can’t do the real Fuzz clean up with volume control due to impedance issues wheres at the Stage can. (That might be the only reason I would seriously consider the Stage personally but it isn’t enough to make me go all in one floor unit).

Basically, they all sound the same (minus the Fuzz thing) so you need to think about how you intend to use it and make a list of the features you absolutely need and those that are just nice to have or not necessary.

• Stage all the way. Cheaper, smaller, updated newer industrial design. Like someone else said, just one cable back to your powered speaker - or like I do - Seymour Duncan Power Stage + guitar cab. Also way easier to go between home / studio and live setups.

The way I see it, if I'm gonna lug around a heavy rack case and floor controller + cab of some kind, I might as well just use a traditional tube amp and pedalboard. Just my 2c, though.

• Stage all the way. Cheaper, smaller, updated newer industrial design. Like someone else said, just one cable back to your powered speaker - or like I do - Seymour Duncan Power Stage + guitar cab. Also way easier to go between home / studio and live setups.

The way I see it, if I'm gonna lug around a heavy rack case and floor controller + cab of some kind, I might as well just use a traditional tube amp and pedalboard. Just my 2c, though.

interesting take.. have you played the powered kemper with a power amp.. after a few days I don't notice that much difference (vs my tube amps) other than it's not as squirrely feedback wise.

The stage makes more sense now that so much of the sound/rig design work is done in rig manger software format.

Yeah its a good point and stage plus powered Kab is an attractive option.

The powered rack and remote still give advantages which add up:

• For me I like the flex to be able to use any unpowered cab with my powered rack which is useful for festivals.
    • The Kab is also way smaller lighter than a regular cab
    • One stop shop for effects
    • One power lead as I don't use external effects
    • No messing with connecting leads, true bypass etc
    • Touch Wah
  • I just got a stage as backup/rehearsal unit. I know it's pure luxury. I have my powered rack and the remote for gigs. I replaced a line6 helix LT for the stage. I only had to backup and restore to the stage and enjoy the same quality of sound in all circumstances. I use a TC electronic BAM200 as amp for the stage !

Just love it !

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Don't forget the fuzz impedance thing and the wifi in the Stage.

When I was young, I used to think that having the footcontroller on the floor and the amp/effects at the height of your hands was great.

Nowadays, after a lot of gigs, I think that simple is better. Unless you have your own personal roadie.