MIDI controller with Arduino UNO

• Hello, i'm trying to use a Midi controller (i built it) with my Kemper, but i can't make it to work.

I tried several codes and nothing seemed to work.

I don't know what i'm doing wrong, the controller works fine on PC via USB, but does nothing when i connect it to the kemper via MIDI.

This is (more or less, i'm using more buttons) the schematic of my controller.

As i said, it works like a charm via USB, and i tried several codes to make it work via midi and nothing worked, nor ControlChanges not ProgramChanges.

I'm not a programmer, so i have no idea what i'm doing wrong.

I'm thinking on trying this Kemper Profiler Arduino Library and DIY Kemper Remote, but i'm not sure if that's what i need.

This is the last code i tried (simple, 2 buttons).

Hope any of you can help me make it work.

Thanks!

• No way, i can't believe i'm that dumb... :D:D
    I had to use that baud rate for using it via USB.

It seems it is starting to work now!!
    Now i just have to figure out wich CC does what xD

Thank you so much!

• I love this idea, I have an Arduino that I've not got around to using yet but also have multiple Raspberry Pis, and a whole load of electronics parts left over from a book-based course and an amp build. I've never thought of controlling MIDI through something like this but will definitely give it a go now! Where did you get the initial design if I may ask?

• I love this idea, I have an Arduino that I've not got around to using yet but also have multiple Raspberry Pis, and a whole load of electronics parts left over from a book-based course and an amp build. I've never thought of controlling MIDI through something like this but will definitely give it a go now! Where did you get the initial design if I may ask?

Sorry for taking that much time in answering, i've been busy.

Actually it's simpler than it could look, all you need is some momentary switches (i used SPST, 2 pins each one), some resistors (common ones, easy to find), cables, a 5-pin DIN female socket and the arduino, ofc.

This is the link where i got the schematic from:

MIDI Controller Schematic

For the "box", i just made one myself with some wood i had over there, it's not beautiful, but it's totally functional.
    I set up mine with 11 buttons. Right now i use 4 for effects, 4 for performance slots, 1 for tuner, and 2 to change between performances (up and down). But it's fully customizable, so you can add as many buttons as you want, and use the MIDI chart to setup them as you wish.