Speaker OutPut - Buying a bass cabinet (ohms and watts)

• Hi, here on my first post, bass player from Argentina.

I've been searching on the internet, and I think I have the answer for it, but I Im't not sure enough.

I want to buy a speaker (bass cabinet) for my Kemper Profiler to rehearse and to play on live.

I'm not sure if I can put a 8 OHM cabinet with 300W, giving that the Kemper says (8 OHM: 600W RMS).

For example, I want to connect an AGUILAR DB112 CAB, wich has 8 OHM and 300W, can I put it on the Kemper's Speaker Output with any problem?

My second question is would you prefer a good bass cabinet or a good FRFR cabinet?

Cheers and thanks.

• For speakers, you want to match the amps ohm rating or go higher. That’s fine.

Going lower can cause problems. However, the Powerhead and rack can be used with the Kone speaker - which is 4 ohms.

As far as wattage goes, you’re fine there, too. The Kone speaker is 200’watts - but fine to use with the Powerhead/rack.

The volume required to melt the 300 watt cabinet you’re considering would shatter eardrums across town. Under normal use, I wouldn’t give it another thought.

Just because you have 600 watts doesn’t mean you’ll ever use them. ?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• For speakers, you want to match the amps ohm rating or go higher. That’s fine.

Going lower can cause problems. However, the Powerhead and rack can be used with the Kone speaker - which is 4 ohms.

As far as wattage goes, you’re fine there, too. The Kone speaker is 200’watts - but fine to use with the Powerhead/rack.

The volume required to melt the 300 watt cabinet you’re considering would shatter eardrums across town. Under normal use, I wouldn’t give it another thought.

Just because you have 600 watts doesn’t mean you’ll ever use them. ?

Thanks a lot. I needed that knowledge to confirm what I had been investigating.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Today it is very common to "oversize" power amps relative to maximum speaker power handling.

The Main Manual includes a section dedicated to the internal power amp. This explains resistance as well as adresses concerns related to overloading speaker chassis.