Strangely fading out tones

• There is something with my Profiler Stage I am not happy with at all. This is when you let a tone die - keep the finger pressed on the last note played. It does not sound like on a real amp where the tone naturally is fading out. Instead, the tone is dying or fading out in annoying waves, not uniformely becoming quiet. Of course, these waves get more amplified when reverb or delay is on.

This is noticeable on all profiles. I am just curious if other players also notice this - and, if there exists a remedy.

• I’ve noticed a similar thing on my powered rack.
    On high gain settings, I hear a “pulsing” type of decay instead of a smooth decay.
    Actually, I also sometimes hear the pulsing on a long duration tone even before the decay.

• Yep. Gate would be my first guess. Check the Noise Gate knob (top left) and make sure it's below 5.0 or so. Then make sure you don't have a gate stomp engaged across all your Rigs.

• Yes, I do have noise gate activated in the input section, and I use a compressor in the first slot. While putting them down reduces volume and tone, it really does not touch what I noticed.

And, there is a simple way to test it against the default rig which are housing all performances not used. As you know, there are no effects used at all. I can still hear a pulsing, dying tone.

• i get same & def related to soundgate. Seems to me that I can get it by cutting bass. It is like a sort of "wvvvvrrrrrrwww" noise.

Def a case of finding sweet spot. Drop bass & gate.