8.5.4 WiFi Plusing Sound w/ Helix Floor as Interface

• I'm using a Helix Floor as a digital interface to my computer over USB, connecting the Kemper to it via the Helix 1/4" Returns and Kemper Main 1/4" Outs. I'm experiencing a pulsing sound in my DAW when selecting the Access Point Mode WiFi connection. The pulsing sound stops if I select Home Network Mode. See video below. Adjusting the Grounding Options under System settings has no effect on this pulsing sound. You will also notice that the pulsing sound is in sync/rhythm with the LED lights on the Stage. The pulsing sound continues after I connect an iPad to the Access Point Mode connection.

I do not get this pulsing sound when I connect my Stage directly to a different digital interface (Komplete Audio 6) *edit - (when using Kemper XLR outputs)*

If you have a Helix Floor sitting around you may want to test this for yourselves prior to releasing the Beta to Production. I would imagine that there are other people using this same configuration.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by texhex ().

• does it also make that sound when already paired with the IOS app? could be just it is searching for a device.

• does it also make that sound when already paired with the IOS app? could be just it is searching for a device.

Yes it does. Once paired to the iPad and app the pulsing sound continues.

After a little more troubleshooting I can confirm that this only happens on the 1/4" outputs from the Kemper.

It does not happen when using the XLR outputs from the Kemper.

I get the pulsing sound to any interface (Helix or Komplete Audio 6) when using the 1/4" outputs from the Kemper. The XLR outputs do not carry over the pulsing sound.