Saving Output Settings with performance

• Hey dear community,

The Kemper being such a powerful tool serves as the main horse for my touring setup, I am playing internationally and big stages for an artist that requires acoustic and electric guitars. My main request would be to be able to store the output section (with the stage the monitor output is stereo as well) within the performance, thus allowing to automatically switch outputs to a stereo output for electric and a different stereo output for acoustic. I can do this manually, in the output menue, but not being able to save this is a massive waste of ressources, the kemper being so flexiblel and controlable via midi.

If I am missing something, please hit me up, I appreciate this space and the knowledge around here!

Cheers, David

• Thank you, been looking into this for days. I can save output presets, but there seems to be no way to unlink the output and store it within the performance. Perhaps there is a request already.

• it would be great to have some way of doing this without requiring workarounds. This is the main reason why i don't currently use kemper for acoustic and have a completely separate setup for the acoustic. On my Helix I can do both very easily, but Kemper is a lot more limited in this regard. Having OUTPUT section as global has some significant advantages.. but, perhaps having some sort of "output override" options in the RIG section that is saved per Performance (and if enabled, defuncts the corresponding OUTPUT options) might be a good way to get both worlds.

one workaround i think someone mentioned that i read was sticking a stereo FX SEND (without the return) into the second to last stomp slot and using the corresponding FX outputs to your DI's.. then putting something into the very last stomp slot that kills the signal.

• Hey guys, thanks for answering. Loving the quality of the forum already.

Floyd. Having given up on a way to store output presets for now (huge request for the future) I'd love to know if you can actually route the stereo signal after reverbs to both FX SENDS. While trying i could only find that the STEREO FX SEND is a mono signal that has two returns, but does not route L to SEND 1 and R to SEND 2 for example. Thank you!

• is it not possible to use the same output(s) for all set ups but “tailor” the presets to deliver the sound required?

Or is the desk processing the two signals completely differently/ separately and in a way that the Kpa can not do?

How are you monitoring these “two” sources?

Certainly if the facilities and the time is available a more complex setup could be possible but I’d be mindful where quick change overs and simplicity may take precedence.

• Oh yes.. stereo. I think you’re right. What I suggested should work for mono but stereo not so sure!!

slateboy lots of people keep saying “just use the same outputs for everything”.. but I’m with Lemaitre - this doesn’t suit. In my situation the shows I do, for both FOH and aviom monitoring purposes where we each have our own personal digital mixer next to us, the sound designer (and me) wants electric and acoustic on totally separate channels.

• Hey guys I really appreciate the constructive comments and engagement here.

slateboy I see your point and have been working like this for a while, but the practicabilities on a big stage have limitations. For example an acoustic guitar can have different resonances you need to filter depending on the subwoofers under the stage, the FOH will then proceed to cut these frequencies and also affect your electric rig or your other acoustic guitar (i have nylon and steel string in use) but mainly as floyd99 said monitoring is a big issue, i cant fine tune anything except within the kemper which is doable at home, but not in a dynamic situation. To have multiple outputs also can help other members to independently set their monitir levels more musically cause maybe you need more electric but less acoustic guitar. Also playing bass would be an option. the kemper is like a mini digital mixer with amps included and i can program every single change via midi but cannot route the ouputs - til now. I'm pretty sure this is coming soon.

• Lemaitre i see your point and appreciate your situation.

If the kemper can do what you seek then, as it is, may require you to manually (by hand) select a new output configuration. Failing that, a cheap and easy alternative would be to have an A/B switching box on your output. Perhaps if you used a midi- controllable A/B box you could do everything with your foot- controller?

If your mixing desk is digital you could also automate muting the appropriate channels.

Maybe none of this is the ideal solution but just sharing some ideas.