Amporium - Marshall 4x12 Kemper Cab Pack for free

• For some of my profiles I wanted to have something like a Marshall 1960AV or 1960 ASL Slash cabinet (basically the same cab).

But I have no real 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30 at hand atm.

So I decided to get as close to my vision as possible by using the virtual tools I have and shoot a few IR.

The next close thing to simulate the Marshall 4x12 was in my Two Notes Torpedo C.A.B. / Wall of Sound.

Then I loaded some plugins in the signal chain like Brainworx bx-refinement for harshness control, T-RackS Mic Room for altering / finetuning the Two Notes SM57 mic, IR loader with "Impulse Response of Apogee Mini DAC to Don Classics NV73 pair to Drawmer 1968me to Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt" from TMS (="mickrich" here in the forum), T-RackS EQ PA for more tone shaping options, Waves C4 used like a filter for further coloring the cab impulse responses...

It's been a while since I shared something here. So maybe you want to try them out just for fun and see if the cabs will work for your profiles too.

You can download the 38 Kemper cab presets for free here:

Amporium - Marshall 4x12 Cab Pack

EDIT 15.07.21:

Added 22 new cab presets; now 38 cabs in the pack

Edited 4 times, last by Ibot39 ().

• thanks Ibot39 I will give them a try in the next days.

Even if I phisically have a 1960 ASL and BSL I mostly use IR by Wall of Sound or Celestio 4x12 closed w/V30

I Guess they will sound familar to me.

Let me know. I mic my (real and here simulated) cabs pretty bright and crisp ?

It works better for me to later reduce brightness (that is located in the cab part) in the mix when needed. This always gives a more open sound to me than boosting treble in the amp part through an already muddy filter (= cab).

They are all also pre eq'd and kind of "mix ready" regarding low end control. So the cabs can easily handle a full sounding, almost woofy direct amp profile with no problem and still sound tight when palm muting.

But I also have a bunch of less eq'd cabs that I will add to the pack in a few days.

• Gone thru them now. Not so much difference between them but that's okey. Anyway you have done a good job and they do sound good and I will keep them.:thumbup:8)

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Gone thru them now. Not so much difference between them but that's okey. Anyway you have done a good job and they do sound good and I will keep them.:thumbup:8)

Thanks! The idea was to use basically 2 sweet spots on cap an cone (or subtle adjustments of these) and get small variations by "moving" the mic forth and back. But to simulate the increase or decrease of the intensity of low frequencies captured by the virtual SM57 I did prefer adding the proximity control of T-RackS mic room and some eq to finetune.

So I get a "cab pack" with IR that work for clean, crunch and high gain, still having "in the same ballpark" tone.

Edited once, last by Ibot39 ().

• Just tested on a Silver Jubilee 2553 Lead DA Profile, a lead mid gain sound I use for hard rock solo, and they all sounds Really good for me!

I like bright sounds (generally speaking) and they all cut really well through the mix..

Yes! a really Good Job! just small subtle differences through them but they all fit my prefereces, It's hard to find only one preferite.

I'd say the ''B'' are the ones I've liked most with this Les Paul, tonight, on this song, ..maybe tomorrow it will be A or C or D..

Thanks a Lot Man! :thumbup:

• Thanks! The idea was to use basically 2 sweet spots on cap an cone (or subtle adjustments of these) and get small variations by "moving" the mic forth and back. But to simulate the increase or decrease of the intensity of low frequencies captured by the virtual SM57 I did prefer adding the proximity control of T-RackS mic room and some eq to finetune.

So I get a "cab pack" with IR that work for clean, crunch and high gain, still having "in the same ballpark" tone.

And at least 85% of the sound is the cab and a cab matters more than which amp is being used.

Henry David Thoreau

• Added 22 new cab presets; now 38 cabs in the pack.

Again subtle differences ;)

But now the pack is even more like "moving the SM57 around finding THE sweet spot" for the profiles loaded.

Still on the brighter side, but a few warmer sounding and less eq'd cabs included this time.

• I didn't find them particularly bright. :huh: Between bright and dark I would say. I have had other cab presets that was much brighter than yours and therefore was unusable for me.

Henry David Thoreau