Is there a way to transmit a program change message with the 4 Effects ON/OFF switches?

• The Kemper view seems to be that the Remote isn’t intended as a generic midi controller but rather a perfectly integrated solution for the KPA itself.

They seem to take the view that anyone using the Kemper as part of a larger midi system will make the KPA a slave rather than master controller. I can see where they are coming from on this one.

I have traditional midi foot controllers (including RJM Mastermind) which can act as a powerful midi nerve centre. However, I need to program them to do anything. I can do much more with them than the remote. However, I now leave them in a cupboard and use the remote as a simple plug and play controller for the KPA only. The ease of use of the Remote /KPA is the perfect solution for me as I no longer use any external midi devices in my rig since getting the KPA. However, if I was still using midi I wouldn’t bother with the Remote and would control everything with a dedicated midi controller.

I can see both sides of this one but it appears to be an ideological position so I don’t think it is likely to change anytime soon.

• In my case, I decided a KPA/Remote plug&play solution. It is the perfect combination for me, too. It includes stomp switches, looper, tuner, etc.

Later, I included a MIDI loop switcher to my rig in order to control some external pedals in my performances. I saw MBritt doing the same. By now, I am fine switching performances to trigger the program changes. But if Kemper continues improving the effects, I may not need anything just KP/Remote